cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I reported a listing for ONLINE Trump Sneakers....guess what happened next?

I'm sure you've seen the many listings for PRESALE Trump Sneakers that are in violation of the presale policy because they can't be shipped within 40 days.  But there are others for just an ONLINE PICTURE of the Sneakers.

I reported this listing by a 0 feedback seller, a 3 day auction starting at $2599.99  with a BIN of  $3999.98.  It ends Thursday and has  9 bids already.

It's listed as:  Donald Trump Never Surrender Online Shoes   (part of title only)

and the description says:  

Introducing the limited edition Donald Trump Never Surrender Online Shoes, a rare find with only 1000 pieces sold out during presale. These online sneakers boast a gold color and are made from high-quality online polyester, ensuring maximum online comfort and durability. With a casual online style that suits any occasion, these online shoes are perfect for any fashion-forward man who wants to make a statement.

Designed for online men with a US shoe size of 10.5, these online shoes are a must-have for any image/online collector or fan of the former president. Whether you want to wear them on a Roblox data or add them to your online collection, these online shoes are sure to turn online heads. These shoes are only a picture not a physical item. So why wait? Get yours today and show off your unique online style!

NO REFUND

TRUMP IS READY TO SHIP BUY AUGUST SINCE THEY HAVE NOT MADE THEM YET

I reported this listing as not offering an actual product. 
EBay responded at follows (in part)

Hello sea*dreams,
Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found. 

What happened:
We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

Aughhh.

Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

Re: So I reported a listing for ONLINE Trump Sneakers....guess what happened next?

To Top it Off Christian Louboutin is French, that Sad Country that keeps getting Invaded by everyone and their mother. I feel sorry for the guy.  Give him his Statue back and a Tugboat and a Tissue for his tears.

Message 46 of 101
latest reply

Re: So I reported a listing for ONLINE Trump Sneakers....guess what happened next?

The company is CIC Ventures, 3505 Summit Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33406, which is the same address as Trump's West Palm Beach golf course. Some people speculate that CIC stands for Commander in Chief.  I expect that people who bought from the original website will get their shoes around July, as promised. I doubt anybody buying the pre-order shoes on eBay will ever get anything except fleeced.

Message 47 of 101
latest reply

@sapphire_studio wrote:

If you create a second account you can get higher than normal entry limits. A rep told me they use your first account as a reference. Here is a account I opened very recently:

Screenshot_20240220_141921_eBay.jpg

Tis very true, however you have that new account linked to your other account.  So if your new account gets into trouble for violating policies, you risk your other account getting sanctioned too.  So not a good idea to do that when you know you are going to list questionable listings.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 48 of 101
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

Why do people give a so-called Multi-millionaire money???

Trump is selling the shoes for $399.  The sellers that are listing them on Ebay are doing it for themselves, not for Trump, unless they plan to donate what they make to him, which is doubtful.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 49 of 101
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@meme6253 wrote:

Why do people give a so-called Multi-millionaire money???

Trump is selling the shoes for $399.  The sellers that are listing them on Ebay are doing it for themselves, not for Trump, unless they plan to donate what they make to him, which is doubtful.

That doesn't change the fact that it's a so-called billionaire hawking this stuff to begin with, and it's not the first time. 😂

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 50 of 101
latest reply

@sea*dreams 

You should report the seller directly and then add the fact that the customer is not receiving the shoes, but a photo.  Reporting it on the sellers listing page is somewhat a waste of time, especially when you have bots responding.  How does a bot know it's counterfeit or a tangible listing? The fact that eBay is allowing not just eBay policy violations for pre order, people are raffling off these shoes which is a chance listing and that's not allowed either & encouraging SNAD's.  There are several replicas being sold as well.  It's a mess and as others have mentioned, the only thing people here who purchased these alleged sneakers are going to get is scammed!

Message 51 of 101
latest reply

@1786davycrockett 

I saw a pair going for $500, 000. Seriously?  Are people insane? And the chances of any of these sellers receiving those shoes in July is slim to none.  Pretty much like the buyers. I wish someone would go public and announce these scams and scammers.  It's going to be a nightmare, I can assure you. 

Message 52 of 101
latest reply

@epowerbargains 

It's all a big scam! And the sad part is eBay is tolerating it.  They should be more proactive and take all these listings down & suspend the sellers.  These scammers know exactly what they're doing and in the end, eBay will still get their cut.  Unacceptable. 

Message 53 of 101
latest reply

There are still so many listings for "Photo Art Only" for hundreds and thousands of dollars.  There are going to be so many disappointed buyers over the next few weeks/months. EBay is going to have their hands full of angry buyers if they let this grift continue. I don't know how eBay can stop it, because I'm sure the scammers are working non-stop to get their listings up. Sad for the people who will fall for this, but in the end it will cost all of us, if the scammers get paid and eBay has to refund the buyers.

Message 54 of 101
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@epowerbargains 

It's all a big scam! And the sad part is eBay is tolerating it

Maybe with the Trump name involved someone is afraid that a mass take down of all these scams would be seen as a political move.

But I guess idiot AI and the lack of real humans checking is much more likely.

Message 55 of 101
latest reply

Feebay is probably secretly happy to keep these up; imagine the fees they get for an item that sells for $3999.98. Get a couple hundred of those sold to suckers, and Feebay's doing the *cha ching* dance.

Message 56 of 101
latest reply

It's called paying his legal fees.  lol

Message 57 of 101
latest reply

Feebay is probably secretly happy to keep these up; imagine the fees they get for an item that sells for $3999.98. Get a couple hundred of those sold to suckers, and Feebay's doing the *cha ching* dance.

They probably thought the same thing when they left all the rolling coal devices listed. That is until the EPA hit them with the lawsuit that could cost them up to 2 billion in fines. 

Message 58 of 101
latest reply

@bennotbill 

Agree! Real people need to address this issue.  There's a seller here that's selling posters for $1000 of the those shoes. My guess is a lot of those who bought never even read the description as we all know many buyers do not.  All they see is the product.  Who wants a poster of those ugly shoes? They also have an auction running that has 9 bids on it.  All have low or no feedback.  I hope the seller gets stiffed.  

Message 59 of 101
latest reply

If only people actually read descriptions......... 

Message 60 of 101
latest reply