cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to a different address

Hi. I have a customer from Germany that sent me a message asking to purchase an item as a gift and wants me to ship it to California. Is this allowed? Would I be protected?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Shipping to a different address

The buyer would have to provide the California shipping address when they purchase and check out for  the item.

Suggest the buyer try to purchase the item and check out with the address they want to ship it to.

You would be protected as long as you ship to the address that is provided by eBay.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It depends on whether he has paid yet or not.  If he hasn't paid, then he can go ahead and attach the CA address when he makes his payment; there's a "Change" link right next to the pre-filled default name and address.

However, if he has already paid, then changing the address will void any protection you have against a fake "Item not received" claim.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@kathykj55 

There is no protection if you ship to an address other than the one provided with payment. 

Scammers ask sellers to buy expensive gift cards. 

The California person is likely not even your buyer, just someone pretending to be the buyer. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If they have paid, you could ask them to request canceling and rebuy with correct address for shipping. If the message was through eBay messages, probably would be the original buyer. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply