cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search results

Referring specifically to eBay’s algorithms regarding search results and placements: I, and apparently many others, are of the opinion that consistently adding new listings improves your search results. Does a “sell similar” of a deleted listing have the same value as an entirely new listing?

The question is - is it worth my time (or is it a waste of time) to consistently delete a handful of listings each day and then sell similar as if they are new listings? Will (or will not) that likely improve my search placements?

A little background. There are 2 business theories at play here. Using inventory as a hedge against inflation. The time value of money in inflationary times.

In January 2021, anticipating the severe inflation about to be foisted upon us, I bought 3-4 times my normal inventory purchases at various trade shows. As a result, since then, other than an occasional small fill in order I have not bought any new inventory since and I still have over 11,000 listings. And with the general downturn in economic activity I probably won’t have to buy any for some time to come. Which, in turn, means no new listings which eBay seems to pine for. On the other hand, the cost of the inventory I do have is at preinflationary costs which satisfies both of the theories I have stated. Hence the aforementioned question.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Search results

I'd like to know what people think about this theory too. I know people have talked about it in the past, but I wonder if people's thoughts about this have changed since then.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply