cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales after Christmas and January

In your past experience, how have sales been after Christmas and in January?

Hoping to sell off the rest of my stock but wasn't sure what to expect. I sell Lego toys.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Sales after Christmas and January

I sell stamps, postcards, and other small collectibles and winter sales after Christmas have been excellent for me.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I've been doing retail and online for 20+ years.

Sales continue until the middle of January and then plummet until the middle of February.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

January is usually good as people spend money they received for Christmas.   My experience has been Lego is a year round toy, selling for birthdays and even Valentines Day.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

As a LEGO seller myself, I find January and February to be very strong months.   Historically for me my best months are usually January-March, not even December can usually beat them.   They are spending the money they got for Christmas, or adults spending any year-end work bonuses or perhaps their tax refunds.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for all the feedback, good to know that there is something to look forward to after Christmas. Hope all you have great success in the coming new year.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I sell mainly collectibles - the 8 weeks after Christmas Day are usually my best of the year. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I am wondering with Covid, more people will be shopping online after Christmas instead of going to the store?

Could make after Christmas sales even better.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply