cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of eBay account

Hi eBay restricted my account for no reason, they’re asking for documents and invoices for the items that I listed, since I was buying all my item through eBay I was able to send that to them, but some items was my personal items and I have no receipt, any one can suggest any to inch what to do

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

eBay doesn't restrict accounts for no reason. They give you one in the message they sent you. Guessing by what you say in your post. The reason is they want to be sure you are the rightful owner of the items you are selling. Upload the receipts and documentation they request. Good Luck 

ETA Here is a link to read up on account restrictions .

Account restrictions and suspensions | eBay

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@li-diamonds wrote:

some items was my personal items and I have no receipt, any one can suggest any to inch what to do

Do you have record of the purchases on your credit card bills? I don't know if eBay would accept that in lieu of a receipt, but presuming you keep those records I would see if that's an option.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

All you can do is to tell the truth........listing the personal items.....bought at certain times, from different stores.

You've sold a LOT of expensive watches.......on those I do hope you have receipts.......

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Ebay does not suspend accounts for "no reason".

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@li-diamonds wrote:

Hi eBay restricted my account for no reason, they’re asking for documents and invoices for the items that I listed, since I was buying all my item through eBay I was able to send that to them, but some items was my personal items and I have no receipt, any one can suggest any to inch what to do

They did not restrict it for no reason.

The message they sent you gives the reason. 

You just do not like the reason. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Since you can show provenance for most of your products, a human being on Chat can offer some assistance with the personal items, especially if they are not the watches which may be the main concern.

EBay seems to be doing  a LOT of security work lately between demanding receipts, the "expertising" of  purses and sneakers , and monitoring identification for Managed Payments.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

And again this bears repeating...

It isn't a good idea to sell expensive items such as watches on this site unless you are an established seller of such items already.

Too many fraudulent people have used this site to sell either stolen items or fakes and eBay seems intent on keeping such activity at bay and unfortunately there are going to be some sellers that are caught between their policies and just trying to sell their high end personal items.

I personally would not sell such expensive items here but to each their own. 

Sorry that you are one of those sellers caught up in the mess.

I hope that your restriction will not become a permanent one 😞

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

For the personal items ask them if you can send a picture of yourself to ebay with those items in front of you. They might accept that.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

This is just my opinion but I'll state it anyway. 

I see red flags and would never buy from sellers who run auctions with private bidding. It's way too common that there's "irregular" bidding going on that as a potential buyer, I can't see and once items are sold and no longer viewable in the completed/sold history, we can't see the types of items you've sold and your history. 

Unless items are of a personal, fetish or otherwise private nature, I see no valid reason for an honest seller to have private listings. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

There was a reason once upon a time for private bidding. DH used to be followed by other collectors who would bid against him, believing* that his expertise helped him winnow out the wheat from the chaff.

But since eBay now masks  bidder identity, this is no longer necessary.

*correctly

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@li-diamonds 

At this point there isn't much you can do other providing the info and receipts that Ebay asked for.  Are you a watch collector, because you've sold a lot of them and they are high priced.  Were these gifts? 

Again, selling multiples of high dollar items like watches, electronics, jewelry, will set off red flags, not to mention all your listings are private.  Not a good idea either.  Ebay could suspect you're hiding something, at least that's my take on it. 

I would just wait it out and see what decision Ebay makes concerning. 

Good luck to you. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Unless they have a reason to make him provide a receipt than they do not have a reason. I myself do not have receipts for stuff I've sold on eBay. That does not give them the right to hold my money. Just because you have not encountered that problem does not mean it's okay. Are you even a real person or a robot? Js 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Your funds are being held because you have no recent selling history, other than the items you recently sold. Ebay prefers that any refunds come out of your pocket, not theirs. Ebay has a thirty day MBG, and thats how long your funds can be held for. They may also ask you for the receipts on those expensive new items you just sold,if you dont have them, thats going to be a big problem. And feedback does not speed up the funds release.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@cowal_5886 wrote:

Unless they have a reason to make him provide a receipt than they do not have a reason. I myself do not have receipts for stuff I've sold on eBay. That does not give them the right to hold my money. Just because you have not encountered that problem does not mean it's okay. Are you even a real person or a robot? Js 

Just because you did not read all of eBay polices does not mean that the polices are not valid ...... Ebay will still hold the money. Just like every member who uses this site agreed to follow all polices.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply