cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted Account (please read in full)

I am a new seller. 
I have sold a total of 3 items. Although there have been a total of 8 sells. 
There have been 

3 successful sales 

3 sales that were high dollar and the buyers either asked for a refund or they didn’t pay 

2 sales I gave refunds to due to my own fault. 

(My son attempted self harm and during that time I failed to ship out but without eBay stepping in I resolved these two situations.)

there is one large dollar amount item that was sold, shipped and delivered with positive feedback that eBay placed a 30 day hold on the funds. After the hold they then restricted the account. Money has been on hold for more than 30 days, delivery confirmed, feedback confirmed. 
the day they restricted the account I shipped out another item that was out of the country. Expected delivery over 8 days away. 
the third item sold was shipped last week, these funds were released but the item was not yet delivered due to my situation and the buyer was aware and did not want a refund. The buyer isn’t worried about the delivery.  I sent all this and the messages to eBay to show that I am not scamming or doing anything to take someone else’s money. My account have a lot of money pending and eBay sent an email about a MC 0011. There was nothing in the requested information. I had to contact customer  Service 4 times to find out eBay wanted tracking numbers and for me to reply to their email. I have done this 3 times and yet no response. I can buy anything on the site, I can not sell, I can not access any fund although there is available funds and then there funds on hold. I didn’t not want to sell the high dollar item but I was in a situation at that moment, my sons incident happened and caused further hardship,  now I am in a position of being desperate for those funds. What do I do? 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@dripdrok 

Try to reach them via facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These are US CS agents who are employed by ebay and may better serve you & your issue.  Many positive posts on this forum with their ability to be helpful.  

Give it a try and see if you can get any relief & perhaps your account unrestricted.

I wish you Good Luck!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

You have to provide eBay with all the information they requested.

Not only are you selling high value items but you are having negative transactions with literally no previous history to show you are established and trustworthy.

There is a possibility that you will remain banned from selling and have to wait until the funds are eventually released to the state.

But you can try and get your account back by providing eBay everything they ask for.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

I am a new seller.

All new (and occasional ) sellers have their payments Held up to 30 days. This is a Buyer Protection against "take the money and run" scammers.

the buyers either asked for a refund or they didn’t pay

How did you cancel these sales?

Using Buyer Request is no problem.

If the buyer did not pay unless you opened an Unpaid Item claim, you do not get your fees back.

More important, the deadbeat can go on to victimize other sellers.

You can set your Seller Preferences /Buyer Requirements to automatically Block deadbeats with Strikes for Unpaid Items, but only if most sellers actually follow through on this.

I gave refunds to due to my own fault.

Again, what reason did you use to cancel?

Unless you used Problem with Address or Buyer Request (neither of which would be accurate) you got a Defect for each of those.

This may extend the period during which your payments are Held.

After the hold they then restricted the account.

Which is apparently what happened.

Defects lead to higher fees, restrictions on the number and value of your listings, or even a permanently closed selling account.

At least you seem to have missed the last.

I had to contact customer Service 4 times

Ignore the phone clerks.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

FaceBook seems to be the most efficient.

Unfortunately, I doubt you will be able to get out of the restrictions for some time, mostly due to those Defects for cancelling sales.

List and sell lower value items until you prove yourself  again. EBay and most online sites are very touchy about the possibility of becoming the accidental fence for stolen goods.

I hope your son is doing better. Best wishes to him and to you.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

I tried to upload the information on the account. This is a MOCK version of my payment page. 

also note there are no refunds or returns in my seller page. 

(For example only not the actual amounts)

at the top of the page it shows the !your payouts are currently on hold because eBay restricted your account. 

Your total funds

available funds

!you have no upcoming payouts 

on hold

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. I understand this completely however I have done as they requested. 

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

I agree, and I do not have any issues with the payment hold for 30 days. Please understand that I am not disputing this. We are going onto the 45 day mark on the high dollar item that has been delivered with positive feedback. 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

When you are listing again, don't use Auctions.

EBay pushes those on newbies because that is their "brand", but buyers don't like them.

Less than 15% of listings are Auction, and most of those include options for either Buy It Now or Best Offer, which end the auction early.

Use Fixed Price/Immediate Payment Required.

Your listing will be visible and available for 30 days (not seven) or until someone actually gives you the money.

Do not, at this early stage, used Best Offer, which ends  the Immediate Payment option.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Nothing you can do to get the funds when you are restricted, unless you get the restriction removed by providing eBay with everything they request.

You will have to contact eBay again, if you are having trouble finding what information they want.

You currently are on brink of permanent ban. If the account doesn't become restricted the funds will be handed over to the state as unclaimed property. This typically takes longer than 6 months.

The only way to get access to the funds sooner is to resolve the MC001

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Seller defect rating  is above average 

is there anything else to check 

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

The MC0011 is typically more serious than simply defect rating.

You set off alarms causing your account to require auditing.

Ebay will typically want photo identification. Utility bill, tracking for all items, and receipts of your sold item.

This is typically a fight, and big chance you won't be able to come back and have to wait for the money.

Customer service can't do much other than direct you to what they are asking for. The department that audits these accounts is an internal division that only communicates by sending an email of their decision.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@dripdrok 

Did eBay ask you for receipts for all those expensive items you were selling?  If you have them, give them what they want.  If not, it's not going to be a good outcome. 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

They didn’t ask for anything on the initial email. I had to contact them. It’s only one item. I can provide anything they need. The item is a 1961 comic. 
I had to contact them 4 times to find out they wanted any tracking info. 

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

That’s fine. Situation is they didn’t ask for anything on the email. Then they wanted tracking information and they now have it. I can give them anything they need. 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@dripdrok 

Try to reach them via facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These are US CS agents who are employed by ebay and may better serve you & your issue.  Many positive posts on this forum with their ability to be helpful.  

Give it a try and see if you can get any relief & perhaps your account unrestricted.

I wish you Good Luck!

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

I am totally dumbfounded. I gave eBay all requested information. Delivery is confirmed on all open orders, I personally messaged eBay buyer with a simple message to ask about the item and their satisfaction and all have left feedback and eBay now says 60 more days to hold funds. 
so here’s the information 

all items delivered 

feedback given 

total items sold 8. 
one was a fraudulent buyer (didn’t know this until yesterday )

All delivered  

all positive feedback. 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply