cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hi elizabeth@ebay,

Regarding this reply that you forwarded from a Product Research team in the original thread under the title above:

There are a couple of ways you can refine your search to only get a more exact match to what you are looking for.  One is to use the category filter.  And second, if you want only a very specific string of keywords you can put them in parenthesis such as “Wells Art Glaze”.  Then only items with words in that order will show up. 

I don't think a string-specific search would use parentheses, would it? The usual procedure for a search string containing wordbreaks or requiring that order of text is to enclose the text string within Double Quote characters, as the example shows. I assume someone was just thinking of the wrong characters when typing that response...?

P.S. I have to add that this is a really clunky way to post followup comments to the answers provided. Is it really necessary to close out the original topic thread immediately following posting of the initial replies?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

@a_c_green wrote:

Hi elizabeth@ebay,

Regarding this reply that you forwarded from a Product Research team in the original thread under the title above:

There are a couple of ways you can refine your search to only get a more exact match to what you are looking for.  One is to use the category filter.  And second, if you want only a very specific string of keywords you can put them in parenthesis such as “Wells Art Glaze”.  Then only items with words in that order will show up. 

I don't think a string-specific search would use parentheses, would it? The usual procedure for a search string containing wordbreaks or requiring that order of text is to enclose the text string within Double Quote characters, as the example shows. I assume someone was just thinking of the wrong characters when typing that response...?

P.S. I have to add that this is a really clunky way to post followup comments to the answers provided. Is it really necessary to close out the original topic thread immediately following posting of the initial replies?

Hi @a_c_green. I will forward your question on to the product team and will follow up with you regarding their response. Also, thank you for your feedback on the format of the new chat. As this was the first run of it, we are open to suggestions and looking to tweak things to make it best for our members so I will pass this feedback along to the other Community team members and we will discuss how to proceed. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 2 of 2
latest reply