cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nope to my Bank Info, so nope to ebay..

I'm tired of high tech having no integrity and it being moral-less. The lack of respect that high tech has for choice and freedom is inhumane. Giving ebay my bank information is signing up for them to take my money without the appropriate control; it's the work of truly immoral people. People who don't respect my ability to control my money and make choices shouldn't have my banking information.

It is unfortunate, literally, to be unable to take part in the ebay's marketplace but I will not provide them with my bank account info.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can open a separate account from your regular bank account to use just for eBay, so no access to your regular bank account.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Thanks for stopping by. Have a good one.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Probably for the best, then.Millions of sellers are in Managed Payments with no problems.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@lodopo67 

Good luck in the future and thanks for letting us know. 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

You can open a separate account from your regular bank account to use just for eBay, so no access to your regular bank account.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

@lodopo67 : This (above) is the best way to manage payments from eBay. You always want to keep your business and personal funds separated anyhow, and this way your family funds cannot be touched even if Something Bad happens with your eBay account. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Just so you know, high tech is a concept.  These things have no integrity or morals to speak of.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Lodo, I, like many, was not in favor of shifting from PayPal, BUT, it was necessary. I located a bank with whom I did not have a relationship, received $400 for opening the account and found a banker whose advice has profited me. I turned, as I have on many occasions in my six decades of sales, lemons into lemonade.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@lodopo67 wrote:

I'm tired of high tech having no integrity and it being moral-less. The lack of respect that high tech has for choice and freedom is inhumane. Giving ebay my bank information is signing up for them to take my money without the appropriate control; it's the work of truly immoral people. People who don't respect my ability to control my money and make choices shouldn't have my banking information.

It is unfortunate, literally, to be unable to take part in the ebay's marketplace but I will not provide them with my bank account info.

You’ve used so many words incorrectly that my head nearly exploded. 

Sincerely,

A former university-level English instructor. 

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I have never allowed PayPal to access a bank account which contained money I needed to pay my bills.

I have never allowed Amazon to access a bank account which contained money I needed to pay my bills.

The account I use to sell on Ebay does not contain money I need to pay my bills.

You will have a hard time finding any internet marketplace that does not want your bank information, in part because of government mandated identity verification requirements.

Flea markets offer a higher ability to do cash business, but are no longer solely cash thanks to Square and Vendmo.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

So when you sold those 76 items where did your payments go then? If it was PayPal you still needed to give PayPal your banking information to get your money transferred, so what difference does it make if you do the same through eBay? 

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

"...Giving ebay my bank information is signing up for them to take my money without the appropriate control;..."

can you elaborate on this statement....what might be "appropriate control"?

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

It is unfortunate, literally, to be unable to take part in the ebay's marketplace

The word you are looking for is "unwilling", not "unable".

Giving ebay my bank information is signing up for them to take my money without the appropriate control; it's the work of truly immoral people. People who don't respect my ability to control my money and make choices shouldn't have my banking information.

This is circular logic. You are essentially saying that you will only give your banking information to people you won't give your banking information to.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Get a Chime bank account.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@lodopo67 

What?  Ebay is the Money Processor, they are required by LAW to collect the info they have asked you for.  Are you suggesting that Ebay should not follow the law?

Why would "Giving ebay my bank information is signing up for them to take my money without the appropriate control" cause that?

What is "immoral" about processing your money?  Other similar sites to Ebay all have the same or similar process.  What makes Ebay "immoral"?

I think you have some serious misunderstandings about the process.  But to make things easier on yourself, you do NOT have to attach your main checking account to your Managed Payment account here on Ebay.  

I sell on multiple sites and have for many years.  I have a checking account set up for just this purpose and it is the one I attach to all the sites that require it.  It does not have to be some big ordeal,  I think you are just so upset because you don't fully understand the process or your rights.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 20
latest reply