cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nope to my Bank Info, so nope to ebay..

I'm tired of high tech having no integrity and it being moral-less. The lack of respect that high tech has for choice and freedom is inhumane. Giving ebay my bank information is signing up for them to take my money without the appropriate control; it's the work of truly immoral people. People who don't respect my ability to control my money and make choices shouldn't have my banking information.

It is unfortunate, literally, to be unable to take part in the ebay's marketplace but I will not provide them with my bank account info.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Nope to my Bank Info, so nope to ebay..

@krazzykats wrote:

Get a Chime bank account.

Chime is not a bank.  They are more like PayPal and of course we know that PP is not a bank.

Chime is not a bank, but a financial technology company that offers online banking and savings accounts through partnerships with banks. Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank, N.A. and Stride Bank, N.A., which are both members of the FDIC, to provide banking services.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

I have given my banking info to several marketplace websites to sell on without issues. The only place I've ever hard a problem was paypal.  I was one of many whose account got hacked about 18 months ago. Hacker used my credit card on file to buy gift cards. I didn't lose any money, it was just a terrible stressful hassle.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@lodopo67 

Just as PayPal could snatch that money back, eBay needs to also have that ability.

It's not a "respect" thing. eBay does not know you to "respect" your abilities or have any reason to "trust" you. Now that they "handle the money", eBay needs that bit of control to be sure that they do not operate at a loss due to a seller's actions.  No "take the money and run" leaving eBay holding the bag. (empty bag).

eBay has been into my "separate eBay selling dedicated checking account" just a few times in the past 5-6 years. Minor amounts to cover when "funds" were not available for needed actions.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Yeah, I stopped reading after ''inhumane"...............

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Every place you ever did a banking or credit card transaction with has that number from now until the end of time, and could send in a fraudulent transaction at any time.  

I am pretty sure the publicly traded multi-billion dollar company ebay is one of the least likely to do such a thing, and also has much better security than most of the places that already have your information.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply