cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New postal rates are coming. Merry Holidaze...

From the recent announcement posted by ebay:

Effective January 9, 2022, rates for the following USPS shipping services will increase an average of:  

• Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express—3.1% increase  
  • First Class Package—8.8% increase  
  • Priority Mail International— 3.7% increase   
  • First Class Package International Service—4.2% increase  

I don't use the other services and by now everyone will have seen the full post.

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: New postal rates are coming. Merry Holidaze...

@chapeau-noir wrote:

NB:  The USPS is discontinuing the large flat rate puzzle/game boxes - after existing supplies are out, that's it.  I use that box a lot for shipping coats (I sell a lot of coats) and heavy clothing bundles that ship several zones out so ordered another 25, but just a heads up.

Thanks for the info/tips.  Tried rolling....it did not fit.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 61 of 67
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

NB:  The USPS is discontinuing the large flat rate puzzle/game boxes - after existing supplies are out, that's it.  I use that box a lot for shipping coats (I sell a lot of coats) and heavy clothing bundles that ship several zones out so ordered another 25, but just a heads up.

Thanks for the info/tips.  Tried rolling....it did not fit.

Let me tell you, 140 lb of backside pressure will flatten those right out!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 62 of 67
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

NB:  The USPS is discontinuing the large flat rate puzzle/game boxes - after existing supplies are out, that's it.  I use that box a lot for shipping coats (I sell a lot of coats) and heavy clothing bundles that ship several zones out so ordered another 25 ....

The cubic volume of the original Large flat rate boxes is about 15% less than the "game box" large flat rate (about 710 cubic inches vs 830) , so with different folding of your items, those might be an option.

Message 63 of 67
latest reply

I'd just like to get some #7 boxes.  They aren't listed as discontinued or out of stock, but they won't send me any either. 

Message 64 of 67
latest reply

The politicians do not want that mandate to go away. This pre funding mandate exists solely to drag down the USPS, so that politicians can clamor about how much money the USPS is "losing" in order to justify privatizing it and carving up all the pieces with their rich buddies.

Saving the USPS is absolutely not their goal. Do not expect any movement on repealing that mandate.

Message 65 of 67
latest reply

Sad but mostly true, I contacted senator Blunt about the $15 surcharge and actually emailed me back. But he said " I'm truly sorry this would hurt small business's, I'm on the postal board and will bring it up at our next meeting"  So that makes him one of the idiots that approved the surcharge to begin with and instead of helping their out to destroy the USPS.

I was pushed out of international sales because the rates got too high, I won't be able to hang on more then a year or 2 with the next couple PO rate increases. Its getting harder to find stuff to sell in the new postage rates, ebay's not won't do anything because of the major shipping fee increase but their gonna lose more then they make. I won't be selling anything over 30", which on average is about $35-$40K a year.

Message 66 of 67
latest reply

I'm shipping the last of my golf clubs today, the 1st.  Then it's on to UPS for clubs and bats.  

Message 67 of 67
latest reply