cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings that show how many have sold on the search screen

I am selling the same item that two other sellers are selling. 

One seller has sold over 500 of that item.  Second seller has sold 2 of that item. 

Each of those listings come up with  red "pop up" statement that says "5 items sold in last 24 hours" or "10 items sold in last 24 hours". 

I have sold 40 of the same item with a rate at or exceeding 4 sold in last 24 hours but that statement does not come up in my listing. I have test this by exiting my page and coming up in another buyers page and doing a search on my item in question. The red pop-up still does not show up in my listing. 

I search for this on this discussion board and the only time I found it mentioned was in 2017 and the answer provided seems questionable in light of the circumstances for 3 sellers I detailed above.

Thanks for any help in October, 2022. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Listings that show how many have sold on the search screen

What specific item are you talking about? 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I can see that you have sold 40 in your listing

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

At first I though that only showed up on "sponsored items"

I don't think that's true though....

If I had to venture a guess, I would say it is some variation on an algorithm based on units per day or something

This is what you are asking about....right (screenshot)#ebay-sold-on-page.jpg

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

My apologies I read without my comprehension glasses on, you are correct I do not see the amount sold in your searched listing.  I am not sure what triggers that to show up in the search table.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply