cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left multiple feedback for a buyer - not showing on their total feedback score?

Hello, 

I recently got a sale. The buyer has 139 feedback. I ship the item and give the buyer positive feedback. He now has 140 feedback. He buys from another seller. Now he has 141 feedback. As soon as the item gets delivered to the buyer, he leaves me positive feedback and asks if I would make a deal on three of my other items. I agree. I change the price to the the one that we both agreed to, and he buys it. He buys from another seller, and gets feedback. He now has a total of 142. I leave three positive feedback for him.  The feedback I left shows on the "Left For Others," and it shows on the buyer's actual account, but why is it that it doesn't show on the buyer's total feedback score? The buyer still has 142 feedback.

If you don't know what I mean by "total feedback score," it's like this: [username] (feedback number).

So is there any reason why the three feedback I left are not showing on the buyer's "total feedback score"?

Thank you for your responses.  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you click the little i next to feedback #, it shows this:

• The positive Feedback percentage is calculated based on the total number of positive and negative Feedback ratings for transactions that ended in the last 12 months, excluding repeat Feedback from the same member for purchases done within the same calendar week (eBay time).
  • Note: This could mean that the number of ratings used for this calculation is different from the same number shown in the recent ratings table on the left.
  • Positives / (Positives + Negatives)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If you click the little i next to feedback #, it shows this:

• The positive Feedback percentage is calculated based on the total number of positive and negative Feedback ratings for transactions that ended in the last 12 months, excluding repeat Feedback from the same member for purchases done within the same calendar week (eBay time).
  • Note: This could mean that the number of ratings used for this calculation is different from the same number shown in the recent ratings table on the left.
  • Positives / (Positives + Negatives)

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The score will only increase by 1 point if there are multiple transactions with one member in one week (which eBay defines as Monday through Sunday).  Th feedback count shown lower on the page shows the total number received which will always be equal to or higher than the score that shows in parentheses after the member's username.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It is there for a reason. If every transaction counted from a single person, they could buy 100 items and receive 100 feedback. It would allow for feedback scams galore on the site. That is not what feedback is about.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It also reduced the impact of multiple negs left by an unreasonable buyer.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi @eye_of_the_tiger 

Just wanted to add that we used to only be able to get ONE positive (and/or ONE negative) feedback added to our Score from another member ... per lifetime ... no matter how many items we purchased or sold to them over the years.  So things actually are a bit better now.  🙂

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

It is there for a reason. If every transaction counted from a single person, they could buy 100 items and receive 100 feedback. It would allow for feedback scams galore on the site. That is not what feedback is about.

You know, I never even gave that a thought but you are spot on - I have been here for a long time and never put it together  [Duh]

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@house*of*paws wrote: ..  we used to only be able to get ONE positive (and/or ONE negative) feedback added to our Score from another member ... per lifetime ...    

Ah yes, I remember the good ole days, when your feedback percentage was also based on lifetime feedback, not on just the past 12 months.  So one negative lasted a loooong time and took 2000 positives to wash out to round up to 100% again.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

If the same member leaves multiple feedbacks in a given week period, ebay counts that as 1 in the feedback count.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It's based on the date(s) of the transactions, not on the date(s) when the feedback was left.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply