cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to see the invoice I sent?

Buyer requested invoice, I sent it, buyer requested I resend, while I know I can just send a new one, is there any way to see and resend the same invoice?  I had re figured shipping, didn't save the amounts.  I did not send a copy to my email. Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I don't think you can see an invoice after it's been sent. I think You can look in the order details if they havent paid. 

Why would the buyer need an invoice ? The price and shipping appear to be clearly posted in your listings. Is it for more than one item? If not, an invoice is unnecessary they can already see what the cost is, unless they are prolonging the time for you to cancel for nonpayment. Which happens every time you send a new invoice. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I agree with ebooksdiva that there is no need to resend. When you sent the invoice that adjusted shipping so if the buyer goes to their purchase history page or their shopping cart to pay it will reflect that adjusted amount.

If you want to resend then opening a new invoice should load the same figures that were on the last invoice you sent. That's how it used to work.

Why is your buyer asking you to resend the invoice? Are they trying to extend the unpaid item clock as suggested above or can they not find the original? If it's the latter then see point one in this post.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

How do I even find an invoice to send? I have never done that. Is there a link?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@teamcarpettools wrote:

How do I even find an invoice to send? I have never done that. Is there a link?

There's no reason to send an invoice unless you have to make an adjustment, for example combined shipping costs (which applies to the original poster) or adding another shipping method the buyer requested @teamcarpettools.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-getting-paid/issue-invoice-combining-payments?id=4139

eBay sends out payment reminders to buyers automatically. Sending invoices is a duplication of efforts and clogs the buyer's inbox.

Sending an invoice locks in the shipping cost. That could have a big financial impact on someone that uses calculated shipping. The shipping price gets locked in based on the buyer's default location, but if they change the address at checkout to have that item shipped to Mom across the country, that shipping cost can change by leaps and bounds and seller is out the $$.

Finally, sending an invoice resets the clock on when an order can be cancelled for non-payment when sellers handle UPIs manually. The automated system will cancel based on the seller's settings regardless of sending an invoice, but when you use the manual process and an invoice is sent it resets the clock, giving the buyer an additional 4 days before the system will let the seller cancel.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

The buyer purchased from 3 listings of seeds.  I charge the same flat rate no matter how many seeds are ordered.  I sent the invoice with adjusted shipping, and the buyer asked again.  She may have asked while I was sending it, but when I went to resend it, I didn't have a copy in my ebay messages sent folder.  Nor was there a REsend invoice link, just a send invoice link. 

I sent it, again this time clicking the box to send a copy to my email.  I don't think prolonging the time was an issue, buyer just added to cart and requested invoice, she paid after I sent the invoice the 2nd time in the same day.  She paid that evening, I shipped.  When I sent it the 2nd time, the shipping had reverted back to the original shipping for the 3 items, it did not stay what I'd changed it to.

I had another buyer in November request an invoice for combined shipping, she couldn't find it in ebay, she said it was in her email, and she had to scroll far down to find it.  She also paid quickly. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I agree with ebooksdiva that there is no need to resend. When you sent the invoice that adjusted shipping so if the buyer goes to their purchase history page or their shopping cart to pay it will reflect that adjusted amount.

If you want to resend then opening a new invoice should load the same figures that were on the last invoice you sent. That's how it used to work.

Why is your buyer asking you to resend the invoice? Are they trying to extend the unpaid item clock as suggested above or can they not find the original? If it's the latter then see point one in this post.

When I sent it the 2nd time, the shipping had reverted back to the original shipping for the 3 items, it did not stay what I'd changed it to.

I think she asked as I was sending the 1st one.  It also seems to me that my ebay messages are delayed by a few hours, or at least they don't come to my phone and my laptop at the same time. 

The other day I was on the laptop doing my listings, I then went to my phone and had a notification of a sale that had not yet come through on my laptop.  Maybe it's the house wifi as compared to the Verizon signal.  IDK.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

These answers are NOT helpful.  The user asked HOW to see an invoice that was sent, NOT why they would need to do so or why there is no need to resend it.  There should be a simple answer: YES or NO - CAN a previously sent invoice be viewed.  If yes, HOW.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@noon-moon 

The replies in this thread may be outdated. 
Try opening a new thread. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

All the buyer needs to do is LOOK at their order details. Each time an invoice is sent the order details are updated.  If more than one invoice has been sent the newest one will overwrite the previous one so ....No....the buyer wouldn't be able to see the previous one anymore.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply