cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chime Bank no longer supported by eBay? Why?

krazzykats_0-1691687193105.png

I have been using this Chime bank account for years with no problems and suddenly received the red banner.  When I try to login the page loops back to this again. 

Is Chime Bank no longer supported on eBay?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

When I first started selling again, I think I signed back up in May, I got that message out the gate. I assumed it meant that Ebay NEVER supported them. Guess I was wrong.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

And I've recommended Chime Bank for years.  Guess I will go see if Chime has a community and also post my question there.  Am hoping it's just a fluke. 

If something changed, I wish I was notified.  I have been with Chime Bank since I changed to managed payments several years ago...

KrazzyKats

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Is Chime Bank another Bank that's going under ?

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

What a hassle for a lot of sellers. Several sellers used to reccomend Chime to the newbie sellers that could not seem to get managed payments up and running.

Oh well, back to the drawing board for some.....

Posting ID
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

I hope not.  Part of Bancorp, so think that would be a major crack in our financial system, but definitely going to check the financials. 

I do have some money in Chime Bank.  Scary thoughts.

KrazzyKats

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@lawnmowerpartsstore2 wrote:

Is Chime Bank another Bank that's going under ?

I'm not sure about that but after just a few minutes of research I can definitely see one problem.....

Chime is NOT a bank, they have more in common with companies like PayPal or Block. They have connections with actual banks which is how they connect the systems that allow them to handle direct deposit and other services but the bottom line is that they are NOT a bank.

https://www.investopedia.com/how-chime-makes-money-4796705

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Usually when something like that happens it's not the bank as a whole. It's tied to the routing number.

If a seller is in the state of Georgia and tries to use Bank of America (and a few other banks on that list) they will often get that error because the specific routing number has been linked to a high volume of fraud so the routing number is black listed by Adyen (eBay's payment processor). Yet someone in Texas with a different routing number may have no issues using Bank of America with eBay.

So it's possible Chime is no longer supported, but it's also possible there's an issue in just your region that's tied to that routing number.

Only the eBay Payments team can say for sure by looking up the routing number for you.

Have you requested a call back from Payments CS yet @krazzykats ?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@krazzykats 

Hello Fellow Kitty Friend -

There are other options that I have suggested when I read posts like this one.  I have a Green Dot bank card from Walmart and it was super easy to get.  Free to order on line, has a tracking and routing number and pops right up when you're remitting your bank info to eBay or whomever.  They also give overdraft protection up to $200 and if you deposit more than $500 monthly into that account, there is no fee.  Just trying to be suggestive here, as I have read many posts concerning Chime Bank & the problems they were having with that bank.  

Have a great day and Kiki says "Hi!" She's napping now. 

kiki3.jpg

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Also I decided to get another different checking bank account just solely for eBay use when things changed over to MP.

I did a 20 block investigation walking in & out of the many various different banks asking questions and decided to go with TD bank which I now totally love!

I almost had a heart attack when I went in to use the bank for the 1st time after signing up & the teller greeted me by name.  How she did that I have no idea because I never actually saw her before in my life!

I find it to be a fantasy Bank having 2 other bank accounts in the same downtown bank for 50 years.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I use Chime and have ever since I was put into managed payments. I don't have the red banner yet. I logged out and logged back in to see if that made a difference, but I still don't have it.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

The fleamarketflipper website reviews various banks that work with eBay. It says "Updated that Chime no longer works with ebay managed payments" (gives no date for the update) so I suppose I'll get the red banner sometime. I'm not looking forward to having to go through the validation process again.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@krazzykats 

Chime is still working for me.

No messages or issues with transfers. From what I have read and also my experience, getting Chime setup on eBay is riddled with eBay obstacles (try again later messages). But that was long ago for me. No issues once it was setup on eBay, and $$$ transfers quicker than a "normal" bank.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I was surprised to get the red notice after 2+ years with Chime and eBay.  

Banking Services provided by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC. The Chime Visa® Debit Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.

KrazzyKats

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@krazzykats 

Have you tried reconnecting? Is chime still an option?

When I first connected years ago, I was getting eBay error messages for 2 weeks before I successfully connected to chime (without any support from eBay). Has worked great since then.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply