cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chime Bank no longer supported by eBay? Why?

krazzykats_0-1691687193105.png

I have been using this Chime bank account for years with no problems and suddenly received the red banner.  When I try to login the page loops back to this again. 

Is Chime Bank no longer supported on eBay?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Is Chime Bank no longer supported by eBay? Why?

No, it's not on the options list, I selected "Not on the list".  I think I found the way around it though. 

Instead of verifying my bank account and logging in directly through eBay, the first option,  I have selected to verify with the micro-deposits option instead (the second option).  If it works, I'll update the thread.  Seems kinda strange to wait for a few pennies when the last completed funds transfer to my Chime account was done around Aug. 1st.  And I have done over 100 deposit transactions to this account.

krazzykats_1-1691699198035.png

KrazzyKats

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@krazzykats 

Yes, let us know.

Hopefully it will work.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

It looks like it did.  The red banner went away!

krazzykats_0-1691718056509.png

For some reason, the login into your bank account through eBay option #1 (recommended) didn't work, but using the second option to verify with micro-deposits did.   

In case anyone else ends up with the red banner that uses Chime.  Use option #2 to verify.

KrazzyKats

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I might be missing it but I am not seeing the option #2, I am not given any options other than to confirm it thru Ebay using Trustly. It seems to take my info but at the end of the process I get the red banner saying they don't support that bank. In my case I am trying to use my Oxygen acct which also uses Bancorp Bank.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I'm not sure why you are not seeing all the options.  Make sure you are scrolling the options page.  If I remember, think there are 3 options.  The first one wanted to me to login with my bank account from eBay. (Didn't work). 

The second option was the micro-deposits which did work

And the third option which I did not try was uploading a bank statement.

Registering as a seller | eBay

KrazzyKats

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

After selecting "my bank is not on the list" it takes me to a screen to enter my bank routing number and my account number and that's the only option I have. Their are no other options and I know going that route isn't going to work.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I should also add I'm not trying to add it to get rid of a banner, I am just trying to add a new payment method.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Setting up and changing your payment method for fees and selling costs | eBay

If that doesn't help, you might try scrolling down to the bottom of the page and contact eBay or have an agent contact you. 

As you noted, there may be a different screen when adding an additional bank account versus the red banner page which made me verify my bank account.  Wish I could help more.

KrazzyKats

Message 23 of 23
latest reply