cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPR?

I just noticed that my listings no longer disclose to the buyer that immediate payment is required. All of my listings are IPR. Did ebay remove that statement in the payment section of our listings?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

IPR?

Since you are posting with a posting ID, we can't see any of your listings.  I think they recently moved where it appears on the listing form.  It is right under the price on the form.  Maybe check a few of your listings to see if the box is checked.  Let us know what you find.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

Unable to see any of your listings but to the best of my knowledge eBay has not removed that feature.  Are you using best offer on your listings by chance?

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

I haven't seen that mentioned in the payment section for awhile.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

@iamalwaysright 

Mine are still in tact.  So many odd things on this site lately.  People can pay with money orders and checks?  Sales are being cancel to system problems?  Top veteran sellers are being suspended with no explanation? Did eBay get hacked? Or are the programmers and IT's from Mars? You gotta wonder what's going on.  Just my outlook. 

Happy Selling

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

Sales are being cancel to system problems?

What does this mean? 

Top veteran sellers are being suspended with no explanation?

This has been happening for decades. Even top selling veterans can break the rules or get too many dispute or pose a risk. 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

@ckimodog wrote:

@iamalwaysright 

Mine are still in tact.  So many odd things on this site lately.  People can pay with money orders and checks?  Sales are being cancel to system problems?  Top veteran sellers are being suspended with no explanation? Did eBay get hacked? Or are the programmers and IT's from Mars? You gotta wonder what's going on.  Just my outlook. 

Happy Selling

I think what they are talking about is when a buyer clicks the Payment and Shipping section on the listing, under the payment section, it used to show immediate payment was required and it doesn't now.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

@luckythewinner wrote:

Sales are being cancel to system problems?

What does this mean? 

There was a known issue with sales being cancelled with a vague message last week/beginning of this week, which was clarified by one of the blues to be that sellers were being mistakenly told to ship to a buyer's previous registered address (or maybe their main registered address, but not the one on the order if it was different, wasn't 100% clear to me).  I assume that's what they're referencing.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

@luckythewinner 

There were several posts concerning that sellers sales were being cancelled due to a system failure the other day.  If I find it, I'll post it.  The one that was posted yesterday concerning a veteran seller being suspended wound up being a spoof and a scam attempt.  Imagine that?  

Thanks always for your friendly replies.

Happy Selling. 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

@brightlightbookseller 

Thank you! I knew I wasn't dreaming that one up since a replied to several who posted concerning this issue. 

👍

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

@ckimodog wrote:

@iamalwaysright 

Happy Selling

The money order and check thing is on Local Pick up as I understand it.

A few days ago sales were getting cancelled as there was issues with buyer addresses that the system created.  I haven't seen any new complaints on this subject since over the weekend.  Are you still seeing current complaints.

What I've seen is a seller reporting they got an email they were suspended, but their account was functioning as normal.

IDK why we have to jump to asking if we were hacked?  I do wonder what is happening, but I do not jump to asking if we were hacked.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

I think that it has been quite a while (years?) since buyers were able to see that.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

In my listing template there is now a new field under Schedule Start Time for NonManaged Ebay Payments that I have ignored but if I remember it allows me to select MO & checks -

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

IPR?

With reading more about this, it is some kind of glitch in the programing.  It is still not recommended that we accept money orders or cash.  

Posted by kyle@ebay 

"First, these other payment methods are only available in a few instances.  And second, these payment methods are not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.  So while they may be available in certain circumstances, they are still not recommended for your typical every-day transaction. "

Message 15 of 23
latest reply