cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard is it to take Photos of the Object your Selling?

I've been a member for 25 yrs now and this is the first time I'm posting something on here. With today's ability to take EASY  Photos, why don't I see them in most of the Merchandise being sold on Ebay? What's up with the strange Angles of the object they're selling? I've seen ads where most of the photos were completely out of focus. Dosen't the Seller see the garbage photos when they're posting an ad? Case in point, there's an ad currently being sold, "Hitachi Bookshelf Stereo".  Perfect example of how bad the photos are. I tell people when they're inexperienced with ebay the Key to Selling is the Photos. 

Here's another one that I notice when I'm looking at Radio/Stereo/Audio gear. For some ODD reason, the person takes the photo of the equipment above on an angle so you're seeing most of the top of the unit and hardly the front face. The front face is the most important part. I really don't get it. I realize that some of the Vintage equipment Sellers purposely take the photos, out-of-focus, because they're trying to hide the equipment blemishes, dirt, dents, etc. The other one is that they don't take photos of the equipment powered up. Some are trying to hide that there's something wrong with it. But most of the postings, I ask them to add photo's with it powered up and they quickly respond. Doesn't it occur to them that this is what a buyer wants to see? Apparently not. When I sell something I make it a point to provide many views of the object, lit up/powered on, and extremely clear and close up photos before I post. 

I'll get off my box now.  Thank you

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: How hard is it to take Photos of the Object your Selling?

I think you Missed my point. I'm Not saying that there are no photos, I'm saying the Quality of the photos are bad.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

On a couple of posting where I've seen really Bad photos or lack of, I sent them a message stating, "I know film is really expensive nowadays, if you can take a few more shots". 

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Totally Agree! See my previous response about buying "Film". 

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Agreed. There's a person on ebay who sells radios, Amatuer Radios, etc., named "BigApple59", The Best ebay seller on Ebay. Best photos and material offered, see his listings, and you'll understand.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

As I stated in a previous reply, there's another big seller on here, "BigApple59" who handles a lot of listings but also has the most photos, details and Quality photos on Ebay in my opinion. 

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

That's cool.

You can buy from sellers with quality photos.

Every person has right to choose what they like.

For me, waste of profit to focus on best shots. Fast, quick snaps.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Doesn't it occur to them that this is what a buyer wants to see? Apparently not.

If they are getting good sales without photos that meet your approval, perhaps it does not. FWIW, most of the listings I see have photos that are perfectly acceptable.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply