cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half my listings suddenly went to US shipping only, no International, can't fix it

Half or more of my listings suddenly went to "ships to U.S. only".     Most of the listings were ones that I ended and restarted again to give them a boost,   but I didn't make any changes to shipping preferences,  just lowered prices in most cases.    There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to switch on Global shipping,  even though I have ALWAYS participated in it.    So that means no International views, no International sales.    International sales have been about half of what they were before ebay forced everyone over to their Global shipping program,  and now it looks like they don't want any global sales at all.  Can this be fixed?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Half my listings suddenly went to US shipping only, no International, can't fix it

I just had the same thing happen and to make it worse I have 2 international buyers that went to pay and can't because it says I don't ship internationally. They purchased last evening when I was still showing international. As of this morning, my listing is domestic only.,   I was talking to Ebay to try to get help but that was useless.  She said it must be a glitch on my end as they've had no other complaints that she's aware of.  I'm at a loss of what to do.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: Half my listings suddenly went to US shipping only, no International, can't fix it

GSP no longer exists in the US.

EIS is the new eBay international program.

See if you are "enabled" in your shipping preferences.

It is right at the top of your Shipping Preferences page.

EIS is more strict than GSP, in they do all the paperwork and try not to ship items that are not allowed by the countries shipping laws..

Some items can not be shipped EIS.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Ugh.

I would suggest that you end your listings a few at a time, immediately relist them as Sell Similar and manually change the Shipping to be the way you want it.

Yes. It should not be necessary.

Yes. It's a lot of work even on 75 listings.

But it's better than trusting a computer program that already messed up your listings.

And do them in batches so you can check that the first few are right before you list even more.

The Global Shipping Program is no more.

It has been replaced by eBay International Shipping.

This makes the customer's costs seem lower because they are no longer paying import fees upfront.
Personally I think this will bite the sellers in the butt, there is already a post about a Canadian buyer who has refused to pickup a parcel because there is $60 duty and sales tax to pay.*

OTOH eIS does have more protections about Not As Described and Item Not Received Claims. Worth reading up on the program.

Also many sellers believe that Sell Similar reads as Newly Listed by the bots and we get a little bump in Search when we use it.

*We Canadians have a fraught relationship with import duty and sales taxes. But the buyer in this case is wrong.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

eBay has opted in most sellers to its new international shipping program (that has replaced the Global Shipping service). So now sellers would ship the item to eBay’s hub stateside, then eBay takes over.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

It is possible that you were unilaterally opted into the EIS program. EBay is still in the process of converting sellers over to that program. Some sellers have received advance notice others have not. I tool a look at a couple of your listings and several items can be shipped through EIS. Example from one of your listings below. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1693949179991.png

The EIS program has some extensive restrictions with regards to items that are eligible for the program along with some more stringent size and weight limits as well as dollar thresholds than what the GSP had. While you may have been converted to EIS it does not stop foreign buyers from seeing your listings but they see a message regarding the shipping and instructions to contact the seller because you have not specified an international shipping method. One of your listings is below. Note that it does not exclude the foreign countries but it does not include them either. 

dbfolks166mt_1-1693949504324.png

dbfolks166mt_2-1693949526636.png

For those listings that are not eligible for the EIS program you have to enter an alternative shipping method, i.e. seller direct international shipping. The issue is that when creating the listing and posting there is no indication from eBay that the item is not eligible for the EIS program it simply lists it and unless you have setup other options buyers will see the item but not be able to purchase without contacting you and getting the shipping setup for the listing. I have not yet found a way to enter other international shipping options if the item does not qualify for EIS other than on an individual listing basis which really sucks. 

dbfolks166mt_3-1693949873691.png

You can find details about the EIS program at the following. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin... 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Personally I think this will bite the sellers in the butt, there is already a post about a Canadian buyer who has refused to pickup a parcel because there is $60 duty and sales tax to pay.*

I’m not sure how you’re defining a bite to the butt, but keep in mind that sellers’ obligations to buyers end once the widget is accepted at the eIS forwarding hub.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I’m not sure how you’re defining a bite to the butt, but keep in mind that sellers’ obligations to buyers end once the widget is accepted at the eIS forwarding hub.

Yep now it's eBay's turn to learn about and deal with all of the international issues that sellers have been dealing with for YEARS. Quoting a Bruce Willis line from Die Hard "Welcome to the party pal"

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I really appreciate the extensive replies.     All of my items were eligible for ebay's EIS and I was opted into it quite a while ago.     When I choose to edit a listing,   the shipping preferences show that the item will be shipped by ebay's EIS,  but newer listings show US shipping only.    Virtually all of my items are eligible for international ship,   but suddenly ebay took that off of all newer listings

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I Myself also lost a couple sales due to "No SHipping to Canada".  Frustrating indeed.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I finally figured out how to "fix" this.     I had to go into each listing,  edit,   and turn on "other shipping option" and then immediately turn it back off,   then hit Revise.      Makes no sense,  but that seems to work as it  turns the listing back into worldwide shipping with the long list of countries.     It has to be some kind of ebay glitch that is automatically turning new/edited listings into "US bidders only"

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@tweetyboyd1971 wrote:

I finally figured out how to "fix" this.     I had to go into each listing,  edit,   and turn on "other shipping option" and then immediately turn it back off,   then hit Revise.      Makes no sense,  but that seems to work as it  turns the listing back into worldwide shipping with the long list of countries.     It has to be some kind of ebay glitch that is automatically turning new/edited listings into "US bidders only"

This Canadian buyer thanks you for your diligence, @tweetyboyd1971.  Right now I see 74 listings for you with both a Canadian postal code and US ZIP code as "ships to" locations on the listing pages.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply