cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GROUND ADVANTAGE MAIL...

I thought Reduced Prices for USPS Ground Advantage  Mail was

going to be a good thing...but it may have a Downside...I shipped a Package to a town

in Illinois on January 29..via Ground Advantage Mail...It has Not Yet Arrived at its Destination...as of today.. February 7... Ten Days after shipping..

It bounced around for 1 Day in Memphis TN to 2 Days in Nashville TN..and then spent 5 Days in St Louis MO..going from one USPS facility to another...back and forth...and is now in Peoria Illinois after 10 days in transit...Not yet in the town where the Buyer lives.

Very disappointing for me and for her...She does not understand the delay...

I hope this was a One Time issue and will not be the way things are...going forward...with Ground Advantage Mail...

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: GROUND ADVANTAGE MAIL...

I tried calling the customer service help line on several occasions, was only run in circles by their automated system, never could talk to a human being. 
Calling the local PO, forget about it, they just let the phone ring and ring. 

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@tsme35     .................. >

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 7.42.24 AM.png

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@trbl13 wrote:

I thought Reduced Prices for USPS Ground Advantage  Mail was

going to be a good thing...but it may have a Downside...I shipped a Package to a town

in Illinois on January 29..via Ground Advantage Mail...It has Not Yet Arrived at its Destination...as of today.. February 7... Ten Days after shipping..

It bounced around for 1 Day in Memphis TN to 2 Days in Nashville TN..and then spent 5 Days in St Louis MO..going from one USPS facility to another...back and forth...and is now in Peoria Illinois after 10 days in transit...Not yet in the town where the Buyer lives.

I do not think the price change had any effect on the reliability of the service. People have been reporting wacky routing issues with packages of all classes regularly on this board for years.

@trbl13 wrote:

I hope this was a One Time issue and will not be the way things are...going forward...with Ground Advantage Mail...

I don't think it is a one-time issue, nor do I think that it will be "the way going forward". I think it will be an occasional thing, just as it has been for countless sellers for countless years.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

I've mostly had good luck with Ground Advantage.  The few times I've had a delay with a GA package seemed to be more because of certain regional distribution centers they had to go through, ones that are notorious for being slow no matter how the package is being shipped.

The difference in shipping cost is huge between Ground Advantage and Priority whenever shipping a heavier or oversized package a long distance, and the difference is significant enough even for small, light packages traveling a distance that I almost always make GA my first shipping option anymore. Plus, priority mail just doesn't seem to be as fast as it used to be.  The cheaper something can be shipped, the more appealing it is for the buyer to purchase it.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

That's Missouri City, Texas not St. Louis, MO but the Hazelwood hub in st. louis is the main problem for us.  Hazelwood got so bad they had mail semi's take it to Columbia MO last year about 60 miles away.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply