cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Value Fee Increases ??

eBay Winter 2022 Update 

I was away for a bit and missed this update.  The link is above.

Am I really reading this right ? Fee increases on top of the new $600 IRS reporting trigger for the 1099K starting this tax year?!!?

I guess that's one way to boost revenue. At this rate by the Winter 2023 update it will be 15%-20%. 

Someone called this out at the end of last year - sellers leave = eBay raising fees. Wonder how long before it hits Amazon levels of 30%+?

Time to take a long, hard, serious look at your business model folks and contemplate if it is even sustainable.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Final Value Fee Increases ??

@humminbird-heaven I'm not sure what the FVF is for your category and store level, and I don't know if you get a TRS Plus discount, so I'm not sure about the math. (All that information is readily available in your Payments Tab) But, just speaking generally, the stated FVF---the rate a seller is charged---is 12% (or whatever).  But what I call the effective FVF is almost always going to be higher than that because the 12% is CALCULATED on the TOTAL, but is DEDUCTED from the ITEM PRICE. (And, you also have to deduct the 30 cent transaction fee)

Sellers are responsible for knowing and understanding this,  it's just basic math, and should buy merchandise for resale, and price, accordingly.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Guess what?  They ARE raising the jewelry fee for  small sellers to 15% in September 2022! 

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@fuzzface50 wrote:

I wish everything else that went up on price lately went up just the little bit that ebay fees did. The little bit they went up looks like a bargain to what everybody else went up by. 

I believe that you are forgetting that as fees are percentage based they automatically go up with inflation so any increase is above inflation

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

New Fees and 99% of sellers taking Huge Losses, YUP it's the Same B.S FEEBAY!

Message 19 of 19
latest reply