cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback removal dept say they don’t consider photos for reviewing

Sorry for the lengthy post, probably could’ve left out some backstory.

This can’t be true can it? Please tell me that I had just drawn the short stick here.

I have a buyer who bought a long sleeve shirt and complained that it wasn’t as described because the shirt he received doesn’t have a graphic on the sleeve. At first I was confused because he’s correct that the shirt doesn’t have a sleeve graphic. The listing photos show that, blank sleeves without graphics. Buyer says the shirt is supposed to have sleeve graphics, I have no idea why he thinks that or if he claims the listing showed that.

No return is filed at all, but he leaves me a negative saying the sleeves don’t have graphics and he should’ve gotten one with sleeve graphics. Of course Seller Help removal denied my removal request saying “comment doesn’t violate policy”. I filed it saying buyer violated policy demanding I send additional items for free (a sleeve graphic shirt). 

I talked to 3 cs reps and they all agreed this feedback should be removed because buyer did in fact get what they ordered, a shirt without sleeve graphics. The first rep I talked to prior to filing in Seller Help, basically to ask her for testimony tips to maximize removal chances. Still got declined by seller help. Second rep helped me send off the “re-review” stating the photos in my listing clearly show no sleeve graphics. I talked to the third rep when following up on this. She read the many internal notes about this and found the removal dept wrote something like “typically when reviewing removal requests, photos are not considered as evidence for listing description.” Really?? Why not? It was saying that it typing it in the description would be more valid.

Hahaha. So a description should state what it doesn’t have and photos aren’t enough to show that? Something like “Black long sleeve shirt with graphic. Btw, there is no graphic on the sleeve.”
If that’s the case shouldn’t I also type out other areas without graphics? “Also btw, no graphics on the back, no graphics on the side, none in the armpit, none on the shoulder, none on the inside front, none on inside back, etc.” All of which you can see in the photos.

The rep agreed with me and is trying to get the dept to look at it a 3rd time. I’m not holding my breath but what doesn’t sit well with me is the statement that listing photos will not be considered. I mean if a buyer can use listing photos to claim SNAD, then sellers should be able to use photos to fight negatives claiming SNAD. Not everything is practical to type out and list in description fields, hence the need for photos.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The phone reps want to get you off the phone, fill their hourly quota of calls and get a pee break.

Now.

I am assuming this is a posting ID, since there is no FB (postive or negative) on this one.

Feedback is irrelevant to eBay which does not use FB to assess member accounts.

Most buyers think 95% is a terrific , A+ score.

If you can't ignore it, you could add a Response, which can include pictures now I believe.
Make the Response calm, factual, and short.
"This shirt has never  been produced with sleeve graphics. If you are unhappy with your purchase, please return for refund with tags intact."

And add your listing photos.

Note that any Response will draw much more attention than the original neg.

And that you are addressing your future buyers, not the current Richard.

If the buyer finally realizes that he can claim a refund, send the Return shipping Label, refund, and then apply for the removal of the neg through the actual eBay employees assigned to social media.

Because the subcontractors on the phone don't have that authority.

Not every transaction will go perfectly.
It's business not personal.

And  as George once remarked.

Average !Q -Carlin.jpg

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I talk to concierge cs reps who are all domestic during work hours and I believe directly in eBay’s payroll. With exception to one time, they’ve never tried to get me off the phone. Regardless, the “not considering photos” was read off of previous notes from the removal dept for the denial. That’d be pretty bold for a cs agent to just make that up off the top of their head, but I guess anything’s possible. My money is still on the lame feedback removal dept being the cause of this.

Long Live George Carlin.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

You could of put "NO SLEEEVE GRAPHIC" in the title and ebay would still not remove the feedback because it does not fit one of  the listed reasons for feedback removal.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

UPDATE: 

So I decided to send a short message to ebay in facebook mainly asking to see what they can do or at the very least tell me why the feedback isn't removable without the generic "doesn't violate policy" reason.

They came back shortly and successfully removed the feedback for me.

Hm, are they able to go over the heads of the feedback removal dept? 🤔

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

No, that isn't it.  Some of our better CSRs are on the social media platforms.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

“comment doesn’t violate policy”. 

That is just ebay speak for, "we don't want to devote time to doing this anymore".

I was assured that feedback removal was not done bots but cases were reviewed by live humans.

I have seen no evidence of that. Feedback that was obvious and easily removed before this new policy took effect get nearly 100% denied now.

I have zero confidence in ebay doing the right thing every single time a policy is rolled out.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

No, that isn't it.  Some of our better CSRs are on the social media platforms.

In this specific case, do you mean better as in better at persuading the feedback removal dept to accept the removal request?

Because as far as we know, no agent has authority to remove feedbacks anymore without approval from the feedback removal dept, right?

Well at least from this I know that sellers actually have more than 2 tries to remove a feedback (earlier stated by CS agents. 1 by using Seller Help, and 2 by calling an agent to file a re-look.)

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hm, are they able to go over the heads of the feedback removal dept? 

@iamalwaysright 

Of course.  They are even allowed keyboards that have other keys other than CTRL  C or CTRL V.   From all the posts of late, it is not inconceivable to think that the HUMANS in the 'feedback removal dept'  have been replaced by bots.  We know the "report this item" section has been replaced, according to the auto responder that insists the listing (with the user's website photo and phony email address, etc.) does not violate policy.  

If your buyer left you a red donut actually compiling about the sleeves having no graphics, perhaps you can respond with a photo(?) according to the new improved, enhanced, feedback program they are dishing out. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I remember "back in the day" when even with  a SNAD dispute reps could and would look at listing photos, especially where what the buyer was claiming was very obviously not what was listed.

Then of course there also weren't billions of offshore el cheapo phone case (etc) sellers and ebay also used actual people rather than bots.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Hm, are they able to go over the heads of the feedback removal dept? 

@iamalwaysright 

Of course.  They are even allowed keyboards that have other keys other than CTRL  C or CTRL V.   From all the posts of late, it is not inconceivable to think that the HUMANS in the 'feedback removal dept'  have been replaced by bots.  We know the "report this item" section has been replaced, according to the auto responder that insists the listing (with the user's website photo and phony email address, etc.) does not violate policy.  

If your buyer left you a red donut actually compiling about the sleeves having no graphics, perhaps you can respond with a photo(?) according to the new improved, enhanced, feedback program they are dishing out. 

I think the enhanced feedback program only allows buyers to upload a photo in a feedback left for a seller. I don’t think it allows sellers to upload a photo for a buyer feedback or in a reply to a feedback the seller received.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply