cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fee's

Ebay insatiable lust for money has propelled them into becoming the world's largest and most profitable greed machine on the planet. Apparently ebays shareholders are never satisfied with their grossly huge profits . Continually adding more fees and costs to use their platform. The latest brainstorm is managed payments.  As if their ridiculous selling fees weren't enough now they hang onto the sellers profits for 3,4,5 days before distributing to the rightful owner. Collectively with millions of sellers these 3-5 days undoubtedly rack up millions in profits from interest alone. Will this greed machine ever be satisfied? Doubtful, money is the root of all evil and greed drives the heartbeat of ebay. Unfortunately it's also turned a once fair win win business into a complete ripoff. Very sad for sellers.

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Fee's

@pburn wrote:

@dq3141 wrote:

@pburn wrote:

@north40sales wrote:

@wrong66 wrote:

Please provide a link that backs up your assumption.

Please use the quotation marks symbol to bring the comment that you are replying to into your new comment so when people read it they can understand what you are referencing.....  

All "people" have to do is click on "in response to 2011jleach31" in order to understand what wrong66 is referencing. It will direct one to the exact post to which wrong66 is replying.

Capture.PNG

It s a lot more helpful to actually quote the post being responded to (as you did), so the reader doesn't have to click the "in response to", or scroll back, or even jump to a different page, in order to go back to what the poster is responding to.

That's a matter of opinion. I prefer not to inflict my opinions regarding how to post on other members. What you consider "a lot more helpful" doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else. 

I do find it interesting, however, that you would have formed opinions regarding the best way to post after being a member of the Community for four days. Quick study.

The utility of your solution is also a matter of opinion. 

And I find it interesting that it never occurred to you that I might have recently switched from posting under my selling ID to using a posting ID. Your lack of imagination is noted.

Message 46 of 65
latest reply

You too.  It's Christmas eve, can't you have a happy decent thought?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 47 of 65
latest reply

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours! Appreciate your knowledge and experience. Thanks for the help you contribute to the boards.

Message 48 of 65
latest reply

@dq3141 wrote:

It s a lot more helpful to actually quote the post being responded to (as you did), so the reader doesn't have to click the "in response to", or scroll back, or even jump to a different page, in order to go back to what the poster is responding to.

Also - Khoros has still not totally fixed their software bugs so some replies are STILL missing that In response to link back to whoever they are replying to. In this thread alone you can see that messages 2-6 have no link back. Neither do messages 8 -9 -12 - 14 and several more. 

Message 49 of 65
latest reply

@north40sales 

Yes, I just went back to review all the comments you posted before you learned how to use the quote feature, just to make sure my recollections were correct. I'm sure you remember the months' and months' worth of posts that didn't include any quotes in replies or simply had quotation marks around copy/pasted comments. 

We all post any way we want. Speaking strictly for myself, I find it annoying when people post replies where every single comment is included--even if they are no longer germane to the conversation--making the post so long that I have to scroll through three screens to get past it.

Message 50 of 65
latest reply

@dq3141 wrote:

And I find it interesting that it never occurred to you that I might have recently switched from posting under my selling ID to using a posting ID. Your lack of imagination is noted.

It did occur to me. Just seein' if you'd own up to it . . . thanks for confirming! Have a lovely holiday! 🎅

Message 51 of 65
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@dq3141 wrote:

It did occur to me. Just seein' if you'd own up to it . . . thanks for confirming! Have a lovely holiday! 🎅

“Own up”? LOL.

Message 52 of 65
latest reply

Zoda99,

If you think eBay is taking advantage of you then why do you still sell here? If you think eBay's fees are too high there are many cheaper alternatives.

At the top of my head here are a a few places you can list things on Craig's List, have a yard sale, list on Bonanza, and etc. you can sell for less. 

Message 53 of 65
latest reply

@itsjustasprain 

Also - Khoros has still not totally fixed their software bugs so some replies are STILL missing that In response to link back to whoever they are replying to. In this thread alone you can see that messages 2-6 have no link back. Neither do messages 8 -9 -12 - 14 and several more. 

No the boards are good now, what you describe happens when you reply generally to a thread rather than reply to a poster - check this post - no reply to as it is a general post

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 54 of 65
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

No the boards are good now, what you describe happens when you reply generally to a thread rather than reply to a poster - check this post - no reply to as it is a general post

By "general post" you mean clicking the Reply button on the Original Post? Just my $.02 as a former programmer: that's a bug, not a feature. That is, everyone beyond the OP is posting a reply to something, so if they're hitting reply on the OP, then that's where the "In Response To" link should point back to.

Filling in that gap would be especially helpful for the men-of-few-words responders who don't quote anything at all, and who might not have read any of the preceding replies either.

Message 55 of 65
latest reply

How in the world can you say ebay doesn't profit from. Interest gained by all sellers money they tie up for 3-5 days. Collectively that money is sitting somewhere. As money goes out to sellers more money comes in from buyers. This money is sitting in a financial institution somewhere gaining interest. Plain and simple.

Message 56 of 65
latest reply

@kaw-kru-900 wrote:

How in the world can you say ebay doesn't profit from. Interest gained by all sellers money they tie up for 3-5 days. Collectively that money is sitting somewhere. As money goes out to sellers more money comes in from buyers. This money is sitting in a financial institution somewhere gaining interest. Plain and simple.

You...uh...don't understand how payment processors work, then?  It hasn't changed and eBay/Adyen is no different.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 57 of 65
latest reply

@kaw-kru-900 wrote:

How in the world can you say ebay doesn't profit from. Interest gained by all sellers money they tie up for 3-5 days. Collectively that money is sitting somewhere.

Yes. Adyen has it. That is what they do for Ebay. Ebay does not hold the money. Adyen probably DOES earn interest off the money because that is their business. 

Message 58 of 65
latest reply

@kaw-kru-900 

This change can be extremely difficult for sellers that have not sold on other sites other than Ebay.  They are only use to how they were treated with PayPal.  And Paypal is a unicorn here not Ebay.  Don't get me wrong, I too very much enjoyed Paypal.  But Ebay's Managed Payment program is just not much different than any of the other larger sites.  They have all had their own money processing programs for years.  Ebay is the last of the larger sites to do this, not the first.

Ebay's fees did NOT increase when we moved into MP for most sellers.  And they did not increase in the categories you sell in.  They are just structured differently so some think they are paying more and forget they are no longer paying Paypal their 2.9% or more.  

Ebay has stated many times, on policy pages and on various threads that they do not earn interest on MP funds.  

A thing I've noticed on all the threads pertaining to MP over the past 18+ months.  Sellers wanting Daily deposits seem to have far more difficulty with the transition than those that have chosen to do Weekly Deposits.  Just an observation.

I do weekly deposits.  They are released into the ACH system Tuesday morning and before noon on Wednesday I have an email from my bank notifying me that my deposit has arrived and is recorded.

The fees in MP have NOT increased overall fees. The following numbers represent those that do not have a store and the fee rate for most common categories [not all].

Fees BEFORE going into MP
10.20% FVF + 2.9% PP fees = 13.10% plus 30 cent per transaction fee.

In MP the fees are:
10.20% FVF + 2.35% money processing fee paid to MP = 12.55% plus a 30 cent per transaction fee.

Starting August 2nd, PayPal is raising their fees, so they will be as follows:
10.20 Ebay FVF + 3.49 PP Fee = 13.69% plus .49 cent Per Transaction fee

PP is apparently offering different fees to different sellers, likely depending on size. From what I've seen it is between 2.59% and 3.49%.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 59 of 65
latest reply

This seller isn't sad. I pass those fees to the buyer. I keep going to the bank and cashing in! I'm greedy, I want as much as I can get too. No kidding we have to pay to use the site, that is a no brainer. 

Message 60 of 65
latest reply