cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sucks and does nothing for sellers

Buyer emails me and says he doesn't need the item and wants to return it. Electrical item like car dash harnesses are sold as Parts only or not working.  we state any issues with it along with the part number. No returns or refunds.  pic of his email showing he bought the wrong item. Ebay doesn't care about it's sellers. They don't even bother looking at the email showing the buyer is lying. He filed a "not as described item". But ebay says it's the way he filed it. Who gives a rat F^&&CKING AZZ how he filed it. He emailed and said he didn't need it, bought the wrong item. Can anyone at ebay read?? Who writes these policies? a bunch of 5 year old morons?? It's black and white. There's no case here. Customer owns it. On top of that why did they take away neutral and negative feedback for buyers? What moron did this?? What there's no bad buyers?? Oh that's right ebay will but it on their reocrd. LOL Big deal......

DSC02218.JPG

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Ebay sucks and does nothing for sellers

You cannot sell on Ebay and say no returns and tell a buyer to screw off. The buyer at the time did not know there was two different types of harnesses. Have the buyer return yours for a refund.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Non returnable items are not a good fit for eBay's platform. I suspect that eBay will address that issue in the near future.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

There is no such thing as no returns/refunds. Not with eBay, not with CC companies. If you sell on the internet and take payment through credit cards, there is ALWAYS a chance you will be refunding someone. 

If you can't handle that and get along with it, then you should open a store and set your own return terms. Better make sure cash and check are your only payment forms too. Otherwise, this IS how it works.  This may be your first problem, but as long as you sell on the internet, it won't be the last. You are going to need to learn how this all works and operate accordingly. You need to know the TOS you have agreed to, to sell here, which you obviously don't. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I don’t care if you have zero knowledge about cars. We tell you in the ad make sure it’s the correct one. You can call any dealer with your vehicle identification number and our part number and they will tell you if it’ll work. It’s not rocket science here....

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Been selling on eBay for 20+ years. Over $2,000,000 worth of parts. It rarely happens. My problem is why even offer parts only as is and no refunds if you’re not going to stand behind it. On top of that the buyer sent a message stating he bought the wrong item not “not as described”. That’s my issue. It’s right there in black and white.  I hate lying pieces of **bleep** like that

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I listed a DVD, with the verbiage Region 2 in the header. In addition, I stated in the conditions section, the DVD required a Region free player for the US marketplace. The buyer filed an INAD requesting a refund; I denied him/her. In our correspondence, the buyer admitted not understanding what Region free meant. I appealed to e-Bay, positive I would win, but, against all logic I lost. What I learned was that a seller's chance of a positive outcome is remote and to accept such situations are a part of Internet selling.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

know your state laws on refunds. Texas is were i live we do not have a refund law. charge a high restocking fee if you offer free shipping let them know they will haft to pay return shipping and give them a dead line if your forced to refund them . "put it all in your description" https://www.findlaw.com/consumer/consumer-transactions/customer-returns-and-refund-laws-by-state.htm... The law matters 

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

"know your state laws on refunds."

Nope. Sellers on eBay have agreed to abide by eBay rules. eBay sellers can no longer charge a restocking fee. I occasionally see a listing where the seller states there's a restocking fee but it's only because nobody has challenged them or reported them for violating listing practices.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@fast69eddy wrote:

It’s not rocket science here....

And it is not rocket science to understand that when selling online you will be forced to take returns for just about any reason, real or imagined or just outright false reasons.  If you can't handle this code red truth then online selling is not for you.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I could not agree with you more. I have been a seller on this platform since 1999.
My problem is not with accepting credit cards, that is the way of the world.
My problem is with liars , scammers, parts switchers, buyers who make stuff up and stupid people in general.

Also aside from all that , lets talk about the ebay fees, the cost of shipping and the if you are selling something that you bought new , it is just not worth it.

I personally would rather throw stuff in the garbage bin than deal with someones stories , make multiple trips back and forth to the post office, send out emails my time is much to valuable to me.

If a seller like the guy who commented he did $2m USD in sales on ebay than sure its worth it your doing $2M in sales, but to the avg person trying to sell something they used to own just to get a little back , 100% not worth it.

This is coming from a guy on the platform since 1999 with 100% feedback so I know the system.
Consider this you sell on Craiglist someone shows up its CASH ONLY , I make it a point to tell the person look at it closely make sure you want it because once you hand me the cash that is it.

It's a lot harder for someone to make up stories when they are standing in front of you.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

As far as eBay cares, using 'No Returns' marks you as a dishonest seller. eBay wants sellers who stand behind their products and seek a high rate of buyer satisfaction.

I think it's bizarre that so many sellers think they can label their items as 'No Returns' and just walk away. It isn't that easy - nor should it be.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

SAME situation I have a buyer falsely claiming that the item does not match the description, it is a lie. Im closing my account after we are done with this issue. Will buy at stores that accept paypal anyays. not on ebay.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

We get it.

It's the buyers responsibility to make sure they are buying the right part.

You clearly say "no refunds" and "no returns:" in your listing. 

The buyer screwed up.

But what you have to understand is that ebay offers all buyers a money back guarantee. 

That guarantee trumps your "no refunds" policy.

It is what it is, like it or not.  

Hopefully it doesn't happen too often.

Good luck!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

the major issue with ebays lack of any kind of fair dealing or seller protections. to add insult to injury, every not as described return counts against a sellers SERVICE METRIC PERCENTAGE.   And if you aren't a top rated seller,   then every service metric demerit adds up , which could result in being charged 50% more in final value fees.

So basically, dishonest buyers and or ignorant buyers are directly responsible for a seller ending up paying 50% more in final value fees.   

this time of year is the worst.   I had 5 snad last year and then in nov and dec I had 6.  4 of those were absolutely black and white buyers remorse.   

Also, ebay allows sellers to select no returns.    then they encourage buyers to return items if they aren't 100% satisfied.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply