cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sent cockroaches and Spiders to people..

this was a while back, ebay was found guilty of sending cockroaches and spiders to people( who I assume had held there feet to the fire). anyway fyi, this is the kinda people yer dealing with..

Message 1 of 135
latest reply
134 REPLIES 134

Re: Ebay sent cockroaches and Spiders to people..

@house*of*paws wrote:

The funny part is that I rarely see any defense of eBay … let alone flattering posts … by regular volunteers.   We mainly ignore the ‘drama’ and try to offer facts and solutions whenever possible.

@bonjourami 

And being attacked or accused for trying to help is beyond ludicrous.

Ok ...I'm starting to see this little world taking shape here that's not at all based in reality...

Message 46 of 135
latest reply

Not sure what your agenda is with all this..must be some reason for it?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 47 of 135
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

"Maybe they should hire people to do that if they are not doing so - That would surely free up A LOT of time for you and quite a few other here."

Not sure why you are worried about my free time? I have lots of that after a thirty five year registered nurse career,so Im retired now,and am a widow, so Im alone here. But I do appreciate all your concern about my free time.Maybe find another hobby?

Kind of hypocritical statement to make there after chastising me for questioning your hobby isnt it?

Ahhh but I'm sure its likely hard to keep on track with what you say when the agenda becomes more important than fact or truth...

Message 48 of 135
latest reply

Sorry, you lost me..but carry on.I hear the hostility and anger,maybe you just need an audience?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 49 of 135
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Bet the Steiners are happy, even if its just a short Youtube film by a 'brother and sister production company.'

@bonjourami there's also a full length documentary about the subject that the Steiners extensively participated in which debuted and ran for multiple days at SXSW Film Festival last month and is currently seeking distribution - and that has been in the news as well.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30833365/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_5_tt_7_nm_0_q_whatever%2520it%2520takes

https://www.rogerebert.com/festivals/sxsw-2024-whatever-it-takes-resynator-the-hobby

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/whatever-it-takes-documentary-first-clip-1235942545/  

And if/when more details come out as this thing still has about a year before scheduled trial date, other documentaries or dramatizations might emerge as well.

While I understand to some degree that some may be tired of hearing the same information that has been known for a while rehashed, the fact is it's still far from being a settled matter as far as the courts are concerned and there could still be more of the story to be told.

Message 50 of 135
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Cockroaches usually can be in boxes and bags when coming home from the grocery store on from delivery.

Spiders....I see them outside my windows due to the nice weather ...

Let's not go back ...let's talk about the present and the future...

What is important & the significant issue is are roaches & spiders arriving your way from a particular source based on improper motivation.

Message 51 of 135
latest reply

"While I understand to some degree that some may be tired of hearing the same information that has been known for a while rehashed, the fact is it's still far from being a settled matter as far as the courts are concerned and there could still be more of the story to be told."

I thought it was settled with their recent three million dollar settlement? Or are the Steiners still trying for another civil settlement? But, maybe this is, as they say on SNL, 'the thing that wouldnt leave'.

Message 52 of 135
latest reply

How can you not see my agenda? - Could my disdain for the sites managers be any less plain? - This site should be a paradise for buyers and sellers and it was for a while - Until, in my opinion, greed became the driving force behind every wrong decision that could be made - They took this site and turned it into a shadow of what it could be - This site had the potential to be THE VENUE that currently has 40% of the online sales market share, but they sacrificed long term growth for short term gain at EVERY turn, in my opinion.

I'm very bitter over what has become of this venue as I have been hording my most valuable stock over the last 20 years to let is value up and then sell it here with my grandchildren to spend time with them and help them pay for cars and educations - We will still do that, but we will not list anything here until the 100% Money Back Guarantee is gone and Promoted Listings gets reined in under control. In my opinion, left as they are, these things WILL destroy this site. I'm hoping to help people see the maliciousness of these programs, what they are doing to the site and what they will eventually do...

Message 53 of 135
latest reply

"I'm very bitter over what has become of this venue as I have been hording my most valuable stock over the last 20 years to let is value up and then sell it here with my grandchildren to spend time with them and help them pay for cars and educations - We will still do that, but we will not list anything here until the 100% Money Back Guarantee is gone and Promoted Listings gets reined in under control. In my opinion, left as they are, these things WILL destroy this site. I'm hoping to help people see the maliciousness of these programs, what they are doing to the site and what they will eventually do..."

Yes I see you havent sold anything for quite awhile. So your agenda is to insult and denigrate others on the board, thereby warning them of the perils of Ebay? I dont see the MBG or promoted listings ever being removed by Ebay, so I would say pick your battles. Your decision of course,but I would mention, since you havent sold anything for quite awhile, it may hurt your credibility and seem vindictive.

Message 54 of 135
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

"While I understand to some degree that some may be tired of hearing the same information that has been known for a while rehashed, the fact is it's still far from being a settled matter as far as the courts are concerned and there could still be more of the story to be told."

I thought it was settled with their recent three million dollar settlement? Or are the Steiners still trying for another civil settlement? But, maybe this is, as they say on SNL, 'the thing that wouldnt leave'.

@bonjourami it's not "another" civil case, it's the same one they have been fighting for all along and there has been no settlement in that case.

On the criminal side - there were 6 eBay employees and 1 contractor who all pleaded guilty to their parts in the federal felonies that were committed. 6 of those 7 have been sentenced (anywhere from a year of house arrest to over 5 years in federal prison depending on the role they played) and 1 is still awaiting sentencing because he was diagnosed with cancer so his sentencing hearing has been postponed multiple times but is now finally scheduled for July.

Also on the criminal side, eBay Inc was being investigated as to its culpability as a corporation with federal crimes related to the conduct of their employees.

The Department of Justice worked out a deal that defers prosecution of the corporation for those crimes if eBay meets all the requirements agreed to in that deal - which were basically 3 years of enhanced corporate compliance monitoring and a $3 Million fine.

Importantly, as in most criminal cases whether at the local, state, or federal level, those charges are brought by the government entity with jurisdiction and any fines are paid to the government, not to the victims.

Think of it like if you got a ticket for reckless driving after you caused a car accident....the money (fine) you pay for that ticket gets paid to the court (government) and goes into various law enforcement or community funds, not to the person whose car you hit.

The $3 Million eBay paid as part of that deal to avoid further criminal prosecution was paid to the US Treasury, not the Steiners. Also as part of the deal, eBay had to agree to/acknowledge the facts of the case (or Information) and their culpability/responsibility for their employee's conduct just like the individuals who pleaded guilty had to "cop" to their part in the crimes as well.

Excerpt from the actual agreement:

2024-04-21_16-51-05.jpg

In addition to the Department of Justice pursuing criminal charges against the eBay employees most directly involved and against the company itself, the Steiners also filed a civil lawsuit against those same employees, the company and then CEO Devin Wenig, Chief Communications Officer Steve Wymer, VP Global Operations Wendy Jones and Progressive F.O.R.C.E Concepts LLC (the security company through which one of those charged criminally was contracted to work for eBay).

That civil case was filed by the Steiners on July 21, 2021 and has been ongoing since that time with no settlements or judgements yet paid to the Steiners. There is a civil trial date set for March 2025 if no settlement is agreed to before then.

Message 55 of 135
latest reply

Though the settlement was reached and finalized in January..it took the Steiners five years to get it, so I supposed they earned it,and I would hate to see their attorneys fees. I had understood they were trying to open another civil case against each Ebay employee that was involved..but maybe that was just internet gossip.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2024/01/11/settlement-reached-in-ebay-cyberstalking-case 

Message 56 of 135
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Cockroaches usually can be in boxes and bags when coming home from the grocery store on from delivery.

Spiders....I see them outside my windows due to the nice weather ...

Let's not go back ...let's talk about the present and the future...

What is important & the significant issue is are roaches & spiders arriving your way from a particular source based on improper motivation.

What is more significant, in my opinion, is the stomping on of this couple's, and the People's, Constitutional First Amendment Rights to Freedom of Speech by high ranking officials and representatives(possibly to the highest) of a corporation through coercion and intimidation. Surely not just an old news, lets forget about it matter...

Forgetting about matters like this allow for current businesses, corporations and CEO's to find their way into the same habits or corporate cultures that allow for a repeat of failings or offenses such as these... Best not to forget but to forgive... And to forgive doesn't mean never talking about it again...

Message 57 of 135
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

"I'm very bitter over what has become of this venue as I have been hording my most valuable stock over the last 20 years to let is value up and then sell it here with my grandchildren to spend time with them and help them pay for cars and educations - We will still do that, but we will not list anything here until the 100% Money Back Guarantee is gone and Promoted Listings gets reined in under control. In my opinion, left as they are, these things WILL destroy this site. I'm hoping to help people see the maliciousness of these programs, what they are doing to the site and what they will eventually do..."

Yes I see you havent sold anything for quite awhile. So your agenda is to insult and denigrate others on the board, thereby warning them of the perils of Ebay? I dont see the MBG or promoted listings ever being removed by Ebay, so I would say pick your battles. Your decision of course,but I would mention, since you havent sold anything for quite awhile, it may hurt your credibility and seem vindictive.

Just doing my part to try to help create some change - In my opinion its better than helping people to accept a bad situation...

Message 58 of 135
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Though the settlement was reached and finalized in January..it took the Steiners five years to get it, so I supposed they earned it,and I would hate to see their attorneys fees. I had understood they were trying to open another civil case against each Ebay employee that was involved..but maybe that was just internet gossip.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2024/01/11/settlement-reached-in-ebay-cyberstalking-case 

@bonjourami please tell me where in that article it says the Steiners received any part of that January settlement with the DOJ to avoid further criminal prosecution?

I'll help you out, it doesn't say that anywhere because it's not true...period.

The $3 Million from the deferred prosecution agreement and the $40,000 and $20,000 criminal fines they mention that were paid by Baugh and Harville (which by the way, several others who pleaded guilty also paid fines) were paid to the government as shown in the except I provided from the actual DOJ agreement and also shown in the sentencing documents for each of the individuals who pleaded guilty where those amounts are explicitly listed as "fines" not "restitution" both of which carry specific legal definitions that tell you exactly where that money did or did not go.

You don't even have to take my word for it....all of this is part of court records that are publicly open and available to anyone who cares enough to research and make sure they have an informed opinion based on the facts of the actual cases.

It's not internet gossip, you appear to simply be either misinformed or misunderstanding how any of this actually works or what that article was actually talking about.

Everything in that article is about the criminal side of the matter up to the last sentence that says "The Steiner's filed a separate civil suit against eBay that is still pending" which is referencing the one and only civil suit that has ever been filed by the Steiners, which happened on July 21, 2021 and that is still ongoing and heading for trial next year.

Message 59 of 135
latest reply

I appreciate all the info.

Message 60 of 135
latest reply