cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay put my funds on Hold!!?

Hi:

On october 5th, i sold item for $555 (item# 165419320047), then i realized ebay put the order funds on "Hold" and they will release the funds on Oct 30.
I've sold other items on october 5th & 6th too , all funds became available next day except the $555 for the item# 165419320047 , i've sold a high price item earlier this year for $900 , ebay didn't put the item's funds on hold at that time.

- Did ebay put this particular item funds on hold because it's high price?

- Will ebay release the funds once the buyer received the item, or they will release the funds on october 30th whatever the buyer receive the item before that date?

*By the way, I already shipped the item via DHL, the buyer will receive the item within 5 days at most.

I really need this funds, So I'll appreciate any help to release the funds soon.

my payment on HOLD.jpg

Thanks.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Ebay put my funds on Hold!!?

the only way to know is contact managed payments...no one can say specifically why particular funds went on hold, just say why they think they would.

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@nuclearomen 

@nuclearomen wrote:

the only way to know is contact managed payments...no one can say specifically why particular funds went on hold, just say why they think they would.

Do you think it's better to contact ebay now, or waiting till the buyer receive the item then i contact ebay?

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Just thinking,,,,, normally your rings are under $100. Maybe the higher cost ring caused them a concern. RIngs are also a high theft category  so that could be a factor. Also if someone has filed a dispute on a different item they can hold the payment for other items. 

Good luck. I hope they release the a payment a couple of days after tracking shows delivered.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@fab_finds4u 

@fab_finds4u wrote:

Just thinking,,,,, normally your rings are under $100. Maybe the higher cost ring caused them a concern. RIngs are also a high theft category  so that could be a factor. Also if someone has filed a dispute on a different item they can hold the payment for other items. 

Good luck. I hope they release the a payment a couple of days after tracking shows delivered.

As i mentioned on my post, I've sold on January this year a ring for $900 (much higher price than this that sold this month), ebay didn't put the funds on hold at that time, So why now?

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@aqeeqsouq 

Holds sometimes have no rhyme nor reason.

Contacting eBay CS will be an exercise in futility as the CS individual will have no idea why the item was held, and will likely just repeat the "possible reasons" that you are already aware of.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@aqeeqsouq 

I expect that you have read this page before, but will add  it just in case, and for other future readers:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&s...

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

You've sold 10 things (rings) all in the $100 range the past 90 days. So not a lot of sales.

So a $500 plus item is probably the cause.

Why it didn't happen when you sold a $900? Hard to say. It's hit/miss. Did it sell to a different country than yours or to a different country than the $500 one?

Were you able to purchase a shipping label through ebay? 

Did you input tracking number into the sale if you were not able to buy via ebay?

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@aqeeqsouq 

Seriously? That's too bad. You've had a sale in the last month.  And your a long time seller. You should contact FB for business:

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

See if they can help you.  Let us know what you find out. 

Best of luck. 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Registered in Yemen.

Shipping from Saudi Arabia.

As others mentioned higher $ sale than other recent sales. Doesn't always get flagged.

Possibly considered an "occasional infrequent" seller based upon total sales in the past 90 days.

and then the..............  just because they can reason.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers 

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Why it didn't happen when you sold a $900? Hard to say. It's hit/miss. Did it sell to a different country than yours or to a different country than the $500 one?

The $900 item was sold to u.s buyer, but the item that sold for $555 was sold to UK buyer, maybe this is the reason.

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Were you able to purchase a shipping label through ebay? 

Did you input tracking number into the sale if you were not able to buy via ebay?

Actually, i'm not able to purchase a shipping label from ebay because the item location is not in United States.

Yes, i shipped the item to the buyer via DHL, and i added the tracking number into the order details, i think he will receive it within 5 days from today.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Registered in Yemen.

Shipping from Saudi Arabia.

As others mentioned higher $ sale than other recent sales. Doesn't always get flagged.

Possibly considered an "occasional infrequent" seller based upon total sales in the past 90 days.

and then the..............  just because they can reason.

Physically I'm in Yemen, but my items location in Saudi Arabia.

I'm using fulfillment company located in Saudi Arabia, I can't ship the orders directly from Yemen because all postal services have suspended since 2015 due to the war, So i'm keep sending my items to fulfillment company in Saudi Arabia via ground route after barcoding & taking photos for the items, i've been doing that since 2018, but i don't think so that the reason.

Honestly, my total sales in the past 90 days was not much, it was $505.41 only, because i have faced logistics problems to resupply my items at in the fulfillment company in the past 5 months, it's possibly that was the reason.
but thankfully, i solved the logistics problems last month and now I'm able to resupply my items again..

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Per your statement, your total sales in the last 3 months are a little less than this one sale.  Do you not think eBay would hold the funds for this sale simply on that basis? 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@ckimodog 

Yes, i will contact ebay after the buyer receive the item, it's better to contact them after i get a reasonable argument to convince them to release my money.

Thanks...

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Hope things work out in your favor.  Please let us know. 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply