cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay -No reply Great news—your item has sold!

Received order today and the date sold in the email is April 9th 2022.  In the seller hub it states the correct date.  Obviously this a glitch. Why does Ebay not address these with seller notifications regarding this?  I thought at first it was a spoof email.

Since the sellers received no word from Ebay regarding this, how do we know that with the mixup of sale dates our year-end  sales total will be correct? And is Ebay is aware of this problem?  What is being done to correct this ?

Seller's need to be aware of all issues. This is more important than 7 Questions with so and so in the Selling Announcements. Please give us information that is useful to all sellers.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ebay -No reply Great news—your item has sold!

@chpgts wrote:

Received order today and the date sold in the email is April 9th 2022.  In the seller hub it states the correct date.  Obviously this a glitch. Why does Ebay not address these with seller notifications regarding this?  I thought at first it was a spoof email.

Since the sellers received no word from Ebay regarding this, how do we know that with the mixup of sale dates our year-end  sales total will be correct? And is Ebay is aware of this problem?  What is being done to correct this ?

Seller's need to be aware of all issues. This is more important than 7 Questions with so and so in the Selling Announcements. Please give us information that is useful to all sellers.

Must be an isolated issue with email notifications?

Had multiple sales today on 2 different IDs and all the emails state 9-4-22 as the sale date?

BTW - I do not rely on e-Bay emails to run my business.

I RELY on e-Bay SELLER HUB to tell me if there is a sale, buyer issue, email, etc.  Would really encourage you or any other Seller to do the same.  Too many scams and issues otherwise.  

If it appears in my Seller Hub, I consider it an order.  If it does not, I do not.  ymmv   Good luck with your sales.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Once in a while, eBay stuff slips into Euro date format.  We in the US say today is 09/04/2022 but everywhere else it's 04/09/2022, i.e., the fourth day of the ninth month.  

I suppose that a format error isn't as bad as stating some random date from months ago?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@chpgts  

eBay knows, they are working on it.  However, it is a holiday weekend so they likely are not working on it now.  That  of course presumes someone in the US wrote the wonky code and hasn't quit.  There have been a couple of threads on this over the last couple of days that suggest otherwise.  They also seem to be fond of the year 2024 as well.  

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I've been here since 2011 and I've never opened one of the sold emails.

The information I need is on the site, so no need to read the emails.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I never read those emails and, wouldn't know if the date was correct  Or not.

All the info I need is in seller hub.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I can honestly say I haven't opened one of those emails since .... 2005???   Just a minor glitch if the dates are in European format. Now if they showed up in Revolutionary (French Revolution) nomenclature it would indicate a real problem. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It is started on September 1 when ebay changed sold dates in Euro format (day/month/year). The IT department is overseas, I guess that is why they changed the format. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@chpgts wrote:

@chpgts there are several glitches/strange changes going on with sale emails right now. Some people are seeing dates in European format (day, month, year - I suspect what you are seeing), some are seeing sale dates in the future or past, others are seeing incorrect price and qty info, and more.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-design-for-a-sold-payment-notification-email-Sold-dates/m-... 

It's a mess right now, but eBay is aware and they say they're working on it.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@chpgts wrote:

Same thing happened to me today except the email notification indicated the sold date as May 9, 2022. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply