cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you miss paypal?

We do.  this new system is killing our sales and cash flow...  seems now we have to ship before being paid and it is taking literally days to get paid.   sold an $35 item last thursday, ebay JUST sent the payment and a note saying up to 3 days for the money to land in our account, that's a WEEK to get paid after sale is completed.

Paypal was instant payment.  

want to voice a complaint on the matter, try this link:

https://support.google.com/chrome/?p=help&ctx=keyboard#topic=9796470

let 'em hear from you. 

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Do you miss paypal?

Nope, don't miss it at all. Honestly, I'm glad it's gone, because I found having to deal with two separate sites to be a huge hassle. Wanted to buy a shipping label? Had to go log into PayPal. Wanted to give a customer a partial refund for a shipping discount? Had to go log into PayPal. Wanted to actually get my money into my bank account? Had to go log into PayPal and manually initiate a transfer. Oh, and let's not forget the having to manually pay for FVFs after sales or get hit with a huge invoice at the end of the month.

Now I can do all of that right from eBay, plus I don't even need to worry about paying for FVFs now that they're automatically taken out of the sale right up front, and my money gets transferred to my account automatically. Ten times easier and more convenient for me.

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Just curious... does Mercari still use PayPal as their payment processor?

Mercari does not use PayPal, they use Ayden as well. Like eBay they do accept PayPal payments, however.

Thanks, @Anonymous. That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. So the OP won't solve the problem at hand with Mercari.

Mercari fees are pretty steep IIRC and I think they charge a $2 bank transfer fee if you want your money instantly (unless they've done away with that) so I would say "no".

Not sure if they still do instant or not. But they will charge you $2 for transfers initiated for less than $10.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

Don't miss PayPal even a little bit. Was never fully on board with them outside of eBay. Basically a use it because I have to. And I disliked having to go to a third party site just to get info on fees for bookkeeping purposes and access to the money.

If they had actually integrated with eBay to where that info was available, I'd have been more OK with it. And maybe once or twice a month just gone to PayPal to initiate a transfer. I might have been less happy about the changeover. But for me at least, it was just a chore. However, thinking about it now, there may have been a way to automate that though.

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

ebay and due diligence is a oximoron IMO

ebay does what makes them the most money period IMO

ebay does not care that they "starve" long term sellers out of business with their CONSTANT site changes IMO

my sales dropped by 40% at the end of February and are currently still dropping, hmm what else happened at the end of February 2021? I could elaborate more but that would not be politically correct.

ALL IN MY OPINION.

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

Old thread.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 36 of 36
latest reply