cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer charged $35 for shipping. I get $6.44 for shipping.

International sale. So I’m thinking I get the $6.44 to send to Illinois and then it is shipped out from there. eBay handles the rest I assume. Customer thinks she’s paying a lot but for me to ship to her I only paid $6.44 and that’s all I could show her. I couldn’t tell her where the rest of money was and told her she would have to reach out to EBay. Offered to cancel sale but she didn’t want to .I sell on another site and it cost $20 just to send in an envelope so under the $6.44 she was getting a steal I assumed. I figure maybe Eaby had a deal now with USPS or it was some type of mistake.  I didn’t know EBay charged her $35 but it makes sense as what I sent her would normally cost that much to ship to Canada. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Customer charged $35 for shipping. I get $6.44 for shipping.

If you're using Ebay International, you only receive the shipping charge to the US hub and Ebay receives the other.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Some of the costs do seem high to Canada for EIS.  Do you have the dimensions in your listings?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Shipping from USA to Canada will be lower than tany  other countries per the clerks at the USPS tell me all the time.

Some type of deal between USA and Canada long ago.

What eBay charges...I don't know...if eBay shipping labels get's the deal like me using the USPS and not eBay shipping labels. Might want to check that out.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes. 3 pounds. 18 X 13 X 3.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Shipping from USA to Canada will be lower than tany  other countries per the clerks at the USPS tell me all the time.

Some type of deal between USA and Canada long ago.

What eBay charges...I don't know...if eBay shipping labels get's the deal like me using the USPS and not eBay shipping labels. Might want to check that out.

I don't do EIS b/c I do coins and they're ineligible ... but you mention USPS is cheap from US to Canada... does EIS use USPS? I believe it uses USPS to get to the domestic hub ... does EIS use USPS for the Int'l leg? If it uses another service then that may be why it's significantly higher? ... why do I seem to recall DHL ... does DHL have any part in this?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

You get paid the domestic shipping, the $6.44.

The extra money that ebay adds on for international shipping goes to EBAY,  not to you.

If your buyer paid $35, then apparently you got $6.44 and ebay got $28.56.

FYI When your buyer bought the item, it would have clearly shown that he was being charged $35 for shipping.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You didn't provide much information so I took a look at your sold listings. The only thing I could find that may be close to the weights and dim's you provide up thread is the backpack. First I am surprised the shipping to the hub was so low since you used priority mail to get it there. Second if I look at the listing from a Canadian buyer perspective this is what I see for shipping. There are two options so your buyer knows the total shipping cost when they purchase the item. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1714787505155.png

dbfolks166mt_1-1714787518644.png

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Michigan is very close to Illinois. 😅

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Michigan is very close to Illinois. 

Realize that. 😊 OP must be passing along shipping discount to the buyer and shipping ground advantage rather than priority mail as listing stated. For an item going such a short distance probably really doesn't matter. 

dbfolks166mt_1-1714796744625.png

Message 10 of 10
latest reply