cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to ebay store subscription final value fee discount?

In the past, as long as a listing was started while the store subscription was active, the listing would 'keep' the FVF discount until the listing's end date.  (i.e. listings could still have the FVF discount even after the store subscription ended)

As of this month though, I'm noticing that this seems to no longer be the case.  Can anyone else confirm/did I miss an announcement regarding this?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I don't believe that would ever be the case. The 'fee' discount is for an active store. 

If you closed the store on Jan 1 and sold something on Jan 2, you don't get the 'store' fee; just because you listed that item last October. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

The fee discount has worked like that for years.  

Your example of course wouldn't get the fee discount because october and january are too far apart.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote: ... If you closed the store on Jan 1 and sold something on Jan 2, you don't get the 'store' fee; just because you listed that item last October. 

Store subscriptions are paid up a month in advance. If you cancel your Store subscription at any time during January, the subscription will end on January 31 and you are a non-store seller as of February 1.

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Yes, and to be clear; in your example, listings that started in january and would end in february should (used to) keep the FVF discount despite the store subscription ending on january 31.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@therogue-trader wrote:

Yes, and to be clear; in your example, listings that started in january and would end in february should (used to) keep the FVF discount despite the store subscription ending on january 31.

yes............that's how it worked......when the listings rolled over after the store ended.....the fvf would THEN be changed to the non store fvf............

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

That's equivalent to how the new store FVF rate kicks in when a seller first signs up: New listings get the store FVF rate right away, but fixed price listings switch to the store rate when they have their next rollover.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Yup exactly.  Even after the store subscription had ended, until the listing rolled over you'd still get the fee discount.  But as of yesterday, I'm not seeing the discount anymore.

(i.e. all listings started in january, store subscription ended january 31, but 12.9% fee on sales in the past day instead of 12%)

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Could we get verification of this:

With a store, listings made Jan 20th would be at store fvf rate......until it  rolled over on Feb 20. if the store was ended on Jan.  31........?????

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

devon@ebay 

Could we get verification of this:

With a store, listings made Jan 20th would be at store fvf rate......until it  rolled over on Feb 20. if the store was ended on Jan.  31........?????

Hey @dhbookds! If a seller cancels their store subscription, all of the benefits associated with it would last until the end of the same month. So for example if you cancel your store subscription on January 15th, all of the benefits would last till January 31st. Starting the very next month anything that sells would be subject to non store subscriber rates. If you were to end your store subscription on the last day of the month, the very next day your fees would be at their non store subscriber rate. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

devon@ebay   That's certainly a change that was never announced............any way you can find out when it took place? 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Yes, I second dhbookds most recent reply.  Would also like to find out if/when this change was announced. 

Thanks for the confirmation that a change did occur.  An extra question, if I were to get a store subscription right now, would the fee discount apply to my already-live listings or would I need to restart them to get the discount?

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@therogue-trader wrote: ... if I were to get a store subscription right now, would the fee discount apply to my already-live listings or would I need to restart them to get the discount?

You'd need to re-start them, or just wait for your fixed price listings' monthly renewal.  From the store TOS linked above: "Reduced final value fee rates that may be included with your Store subscription will be applied to all listings created, relisted or renewed on or after your Subscription Start Date. Listings created prior to the Subscription Start Date, or after your Store subscription is cancelled, will not be eligible for Store final value fee rates."

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I know that's how it worked before, but I'm wondering if it holds true after these unannounced(?) changes

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

devon@ebay   That's certainly a change that was never announced............any way you can find out when it took place? 

I think it has always been that way. When you first subscribe to a Store you get the benefits immediately, doesn't matter which day of the month you subscribe, you pay a pro-rated monthly fee unless you sign up on the 1st of the month. When you cancel the subscription runs to the end of the current month, there is no prorated billing. On both the front and back end the benefits only exist when the subscription is active.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply