cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer opens case for item not received, I refunded money to buyer. Item arrived but dont have item$

Buyer is located in Asia, I'm located in Canada. Basically what happened is, I shipped the item to the buyer, provided tracking number and everything. Shipping gets delayed and buyer opens a case for item not received. Because there's not much movement in the tracking number, I end up refunding the money to the buyer. Case is closed.

Later, the tracking number shows the package was delivered. Tried contacting eBay many many times and see if I can get my money back, but no luck. Tried contacting the buyer, but he's ignoring my messages.

Anything I can do? I have called/sent messages to eBay many times but no results.

Any help/advice is appreciated, thanks! Have a good day.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Buyer opens case for item not received, I refunded money to buyer. Item arrived but dont have item$

You have no recourse.

The buyer is not required to return the item. Ebay is not required to take the loss instead of you.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Unfortunately, EBAY does NOT have a way for the Seller to get paid after you issued a refund.   The only thing you can do is contact the customer and ask them if they are willing to make payment to your PayPal or cash app.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Contacting Ebay is a waist of time, they won't do anything.

If the buyer won't respond to messages, not much you can do.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

one of the common scanms is that the buyer will not pick up at customs, file a case then after he has his money back he picks up the item. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@showmecurrency4u wrote:

one of the common scanms is that the buyer will not pick up at customs, file a case then after he has his money back he picks up the item. 

As soon as the OP said Asia, I figured that's what the scam was. If it wasn't a scam, why wouldn't the buyer repay for the item?

We had one on another site that went to Germany (not my package, my roommate's). He's going to provide me with tracking to investigate because I'd be willing to bet it was refused at customs, buyer filed an INR and got a refund. Canada Post doesn't show all the scans that happen in the destination country.

C.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Try filing a lost order complaint form on eBay for the refund of your money from the carrier.

There is a page in eBay for that purpose.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Buyer sent message that she has nor received money back.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The item has been delivered so Canada Post or whichever carrier the seller used is not going to pay an insurance claim.  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@cayotreasure 

there is an outside chance, far outside, that eBay will issue you a courtesy refund, especially if it wasn't a high priced item.

Contact eBay via their social media sites with a private message:

https://Facebook.com/ebay

AND-OR 

https://Twitter.com/askebay

Great customer service on both

Also, even if u don't do social media, u can just open one or both accounts for eBay purposes only

Message 10 of 10
latest reply