cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account permanently suspended after buyer buy Rolex send back wrong item

My dad passed left me a full diamond Rolex day date I decided to sale on eBay had a buyer buy and pay I shipped was delivered everything was fine 3 days goes by received notification buyer wants return item not as described red flag everything matches pictures description everything claims diamonds wasn’t real and watch was fake some how it never went through authentication he sent back a plated gold watch I immediately alerted eBay which they told me not to worry I wake up next day account permanent suspended claim passed account which I never had and buyer was fully refunded I was out 30k watch and money I has been robbed file appeal it was immediately denied because account suspended how do I get money or watch back

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Asking for advice before you listed would have been more valuable. I would be nervous about selling a 1k item on eBay, let alone a 30k item. Sorry for your loss.

Your best bet for any chance of help from eBay is to send a message pleading your case on eBay's Facebook page:

(20+) Facebook

While you can present "evidence" to eBay, I have heard much evidence is not considered "proof" that eBay will act on.

"I has been robbed"- @ga4158 

Unfortunately, you will most likely need hard proof to back-up that statement. If you do, start with a police report in yours and the buyer's jurisdiction. You will most likely need to go to court for any chance of recovery, depending on your evidence.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I'm sorry to hear about this.

Could you provide more information about your sale?  

How you shipped?  Did you ship it to the buyer or the authenticator?  

Do you have an item number we could look at?  The item should have qualified for the Authentication program which would require the buyer to return it to them (and then to you)  How did it bypass the Authentication?

It's hard to have suggestions without some details.  I hope you can fill in the gaps so we could help you.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I shipped 2 day shipping usps which was delivered with tracking shows delivered which I provided to eBay I shipped to provide address later I found out it was to the buyer I have not one clue how it bypassed authentication but it never made it to authentication 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Thanks will be taking steps I’m hurt and disappointed never had to experience anything like this

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Does the listing show that it was eligible for the authentication?

Did you ship to the address that eBay told you to ship to or did the buyer send you the address?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

It would still be helpful to have an item number.

It makes no sense that you were permanently suspended because a buyer returned the watch unless you didn't pay fees owed.  How long ago was this transaction?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Let's start with the item number so we can look at the details in the listing and then go from there.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I'm guessing you either added a field that would make it ineligible for authentication such as customized.

Or you shipped to the buyer instead of authenticator.

Both would grant you very little protection.

If they returned back a different item I would be filing a mail fraud claim and fraud claim to FBI.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Great questions for the O.P. posted above.

Hope they respond.

Dealing with jewelry from your estate. You should visit 3 or 4 reputable jewelers in your area for their opinion.  Might even entertain a couple large reputable pawn shops. 

If you have any other items of high value from the estate, you need slow down and do your homework. Ask family members and close friends for help. 

eBay is great place to sell things but remember your dealing with people that you will never meet in person and the seller has to do their homework on buyers when in question. 

best wishes

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I'm guessing that you got on ebay's radar because you're a new seller, and you listed a 30k Rolex.

This coupled with the buyer claiming fraud would be all that it takes.  Ebay is choke full of unscrupulous sellers these days, and in their quest to get the site cleaned up,  they often purge sellers unjustly because of that.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Yes and yes I shipped to address provided

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@ga4158 wrote:

Yes and yes I shipped to address provided

I'm sorry, we can't help you with answers like this.  You are leaving out too much information and too many details.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I was out 30k watch and money I has been robbed

---------------------------------------------------------

No, you has not been robbed, your dad bought a fake or you're not saying something. You are posting on a new account created last week,  post on the $30,000 Rolex account if you really need help.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@ga4158 

I immediately alerted eBay which they told me not to worry I wake up next day account permanent suspended

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story sounds very strange, I mean not normal.

eBay does not suspend accounts overnight after they reassure you not to worry.

eBay does not suspend sellers for NAD claims overnight.

eBay does not suspend sellers that got robbed.

How did you get to sell a 30K watch without going thru authentication? 

How did you know it was worth 30K, do you have an appraisal? This important to establish a case.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply