cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Hub I Have Always used But Needs additions?

Need to add just a fees portions block as happens on all fees.  they are a bit ridiculous and misleading why is ebay become so greedy and eight years ive been with ebay and exploring other avenues to possibly add as well to ebay or not using ebay anymore! Are anybody else have insight on wt. is really ebays agenda and how do home base small reseller make it with ebay or am i wasting my time and money. Ebay got 50% of the money I made! unacceptable. InSite please really like ebay finally learned enough to sell but not stay in business!!!!!!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'm not sure what to reply to.

First you complain about the seller hub-something I cannot fix.

Then you complain about fees, but your numbers are wrong, you give no facts and if you've looked elsewhere, you have found eBay is neither the cheapest or the most expensive.

So again, I'm not sure what to say.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

drained bank account and no numbers wrong promise they took half not including shipping so if you would like to have a zoom call with me for me to share screen so if i am missing something you can correct me. i am currently on the road driving but will have laptop with me and can get with ya whenever feel free to call first time i have used ebay community and unsure of the how to's sorry im adapting best i can

call or text

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

"... finally learned enough to sell but not stay in business!!!!!!"

@mindy134 

^^^ On the upside... nobody can ever take this learning away from you.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The fees shown also include shipping labels so that number is skewed. 

$10 item, $5 shipping, $1 tax (pd by buyer)

Fee is $2 

You will get $8 after fees. 

That is 20% of the SELLING price. 

$20 item, $15 Shipping, $3 tax

Fee is $5

You'll get $15 for that item

That is 25% of the selling price

The 'shipping and tax' is the part that you have to predetermine what the overall selling price would be. If you can't sell it competitively, then that's a YOU thing and not an EBAY thing to concern about...since these the costs are very clear before you list. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I wasnt shipping a $10 item but they were vacuum cleaners and the half taken i was doing shipping seperate with ups had no late anything had 100% feedback the entire time and roughly 75 items. shipping was calculated correctly. Im about to go through it again myself and figure it out. the only thing I changed was getting a store subscription forecasted for top rated next evaluation. I have it in vacation mode till the 6th of may.  dont want to waste anyones time. thanks   

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Checked out your sold listings and see several costly shipping items that you offer free shipping on.

Those would  certainly result in only getting about half of your sale price.

Ebay didn't 'get' that money...you 'lost' it by paying the shipping

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@mindy134   I was giving you an example (using $10 item)

Were you purchasing your own shipping label outside of ebay? 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply