cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller sent me different shoes than what they listed

02778857-C2A9-47C6-AD74-A43686BD56C7.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Size-7-Air-Jordan-4-Red-Thunder-/284726443454?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p234... 

So I purchased sneakers from a seller with authenticity guarantee and it was final sale. The seller listed with a pic of a pair of Mens size 7 Jordan 4 Red Thunders. The one I received that was sent and went through authentication was a pair of Grade School or GS size 7Y Jordan 4 Red Thunders. Right now I’m trying to get a refund for my purchase and eBay just declined my case saying since it’s final sale I can’t return it. I sent an appeal and am waiting for a response.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Seller sent me different shoes than what they listed

On your my ebay page next to the item there is a box return this item. Click that and file an item not as described case.  No returns does NOT apply when there is a problem with the item.  If fact, in does not apply in almost every case. You are protected.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@inprogressny wrote:

1. I’m trying to get a refund for my purchase

2. and eBay just declined my case saying since it’s final sale I can’t return it.

3. I sent an appeal and am waiting for a response.

No, that's wrong: You cannot file ANOTHER item not as described case. After your appeal fails @inprogressny go first to PayPal, then to your card issuer, if that's how you paid.

File a Not As Described dispute here at PayPal. When PayPal says to return the shoes, pay for tracking to return the shoes, then upload the tracking number to get your refund.

Or afterwards (never together with PayPal, at the same time) file a Not As Described chargeback with your card issuer (call the number on the back of the card) to get your refund. In a chargeback when an item is not as described, any return policy is void, and the seller pays for return shipping if they want the item back.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

they shipped USPS priority mail ,

put it back in the box / envelope  , tape it closed

mark through your name and address  on label

above that in large print put         Refused . Return to sender.

give to mail person (have them scan it)

they will use same tracking number to return for free

they might change the tracking number on the usps site to say you have a 2nd tracking number for the item with a pull down for new number and to show it being returned /scanned all the way to shipper.

it costs you nothing and the shipper pays nothing.

once returned escalate the return info to ebay if they don't do it correctly then use paypal that you hopefully paid with. file with them and escalate in a few days with a call.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@kwhisenand wrote:

they shipped USPS priority mail ,

put it back in the box / envelope  , tape it closed

mark through your name and address  on label

above that in large print put         Refused . Return to sender. 

T1jdsofjpdsjfosdjfpdsafosdkl1.jpg

@kwhisenand wrote:

it costs you nothing and the shipper pays nothing.

once returned escalate the return info to ebay 

Also if the package has been opened then resealed, it is illegal to Refuse or Return to Sender by USPS rather than apply new postage.

And escalation will result in a case closed without refund, even though the seller has the item back, because the buyer is not covered.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Are you aware that simply marking the item "Refused" and returning it voids the buyer's MBG?

The correct action would be for the OP to open an item not as described case, then follow the directions of the other responders.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: