cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay requiring photos from buyers for a INAD return? Is this something new?

As a buyer, I went to do a INAD return tonight but before I could get to the end of the return process ebay was REQUIRING me to attach picture(s) to the complaint. The "submit" button was shaded unless you attach picture(s).  Is this something new?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Ebay requiring photos from buyers for a INAD return? Is this something new?

@stephenmorgan wrote:

Things are continually evolving.

The "GET A HORSE!" people will always be left behind. Eventually they won't even be able to get online with their computer so it won't matter.

Can you imagine using Win 98 to buy on ebay right now?

Message 46 of 54
latest reply

I finally convinced my 72 year old dad to update his old desktop that did operate on Win98… He didn’t think it was all that slow and kept complaining updates weren’t available for his operating system.

I took him to Best Buy and had him try one of those newfangled all one one computers… he can’t believe he can turn it on and it boots right up in 3 seconds! 😂

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 47 of 54
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

I'm in the same boat as @soh.maryl. I do not own a cell phone or a digital camera.

@pburn 

Then how do you and  @soh.maryl  sell on Ebay?

Message 48 of 54
latest reply

I found the exact problem.  However, I couldn't get past the problem.  I took a JPG, tried to upload it, but I got a message telling me it was over 5 mb.   I reduced it to 3 mb, and it still wouldn't upload.  I took a new picture with a digital camera at about 128k, and it still wouldn't upload.  I'm totally frustrated.  I can't submit a Return Request with Ebay because of their return process sucking so much!!!  I'm out almost $200 if I can't get it canceled! 

Message 49 of 54
latest reply

@knubs01 wrote:

I found the exact problem.  However, I couldn't get past the problem.  I took a JPG, tried to upload it, but I got a message telling me it was over 5 mb.   I reduced it to 3 mb, and it still wouldn't upload.  I took a new picture with a digital camera at about 128k, and it still wouldn't upload.  I'm totally frustrated.  I can't submit a Return Request with Ebay because of their return process sucking so much!!!  I'm out almost $200 if I can't get it canceled! 

Go back to the listing, right-click and save/long-press etc./download the listing photo, then upload it to the return request, and submit. eBay policy states that the photo must be relevant to the request, and it is: It's from the listing. Somehow, the listing photos are in the right format and size, to qualify for the upload.

This is just to get the return request started. If it weighs heavy on your mind, you can go back and share more photos with the seller @knubs01 -- eBay allows 10 photos in a return request -- after it is started, or through eBay Messages.

But moments after the return request is submitted, eBay may issue a prepaid return label. So no one looked at the photo you tried so hard to upload. If this happens, please post an update, or start a new post.

Message 50 of 54
latest reply

I have required this process for a few years now in order to protect myself against scammers. It provides proof of ones claim and if found to be accurate was handled as it should be. However in the case of any damage claims for example the Postal Service requires pictures of the damaged item as well as the package it was shipped in before they will pay a claim...no pictures no return or refund just that simple. In cases where the buyer was instructed to provide pictures and did/would not, it went no further, and you usually never heard another thing from them...it was too easy for one to make a claim that was less than accurate and end up with the item and money back. This is common business practice as one cannot walk into a store, go to Customer service and say I want my money back without presenting the item in question, Customer service will tell you to bring the item back, same as USPS does to pay any claims. So while it only took ebay 30 years to require this aspect, I for one applaud it and benefits both buyer and seller.

Message 51 of 54
latest reply

@inhawaii I gave up cell phones 12yrs ago.

I use a $30 camera from 2002 to photograph items for my listings.

At one point I misplaced it. I used the built in web camera on my laptop to take pictures. It worked fine, though a bit awkward.

If I was stuck with say a 1992 Win95 tower computer sucking 500w power to play solitaire I would perhaps pickup a now obsolete 'web camera' from my local goodwill >> or here on ebay. I see (486) Buy it now listings in North America for 'USB web camera' with free shipping for less than $10.

Hope this helps from another 'no cell phone' enthusiast.

Message 52 of 54
latest reply

Thank you

Message 53 of 54
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 54 of 54
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: