cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Down Recently - Maybe Part Reason

So the past 2 days while doing searches on items of new stock listings I have constantly ran into issue with the all familiar  "We Looked Everywhere Couldn't Find Page" Error Message. When searching, type in name of artist and album title, from the left hand side top nav there are always choices with music related item, one of those is "Vinyl Records".. on every single search I have done for titles, that search options provides me with the Error Page. IDK if this is happening just with music category searches or a lot of others, but it's pretty big deal when someone seaches for a band/title and wants only particular format to be seen on the search results. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Sales Down Recently - Maybe Part Reason

Now I can't even do searches on sold items. Good grief.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 16 of 29
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Now I can't even do searches on sold items. Good grief.

@chapeau-noir really? wow, something must have gone haywire in their programming that rendered search options useless. 

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

kyle@ebay any chance you can find what is going with ebay search options that aren't working past several days, mentioned in this thread. My OP was that when search band/title and then go to left side nav and select "Vinyl Records" on every search I get the Error Message Page "We looked everywhere couldn't find..." - others have posted same happens in other category search options and @chapeau-noir reported it's happening now when search sold items. Sales are down a ton past week - week and half and I'm pretty certain the search errors have quite a bit to do with that! 

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I've had the kid in the jacket even when I click into a listing from my own seller hub.

@chapeau-noir   Add this one to your collection:

AAA-3.png

If they spent as much time fixing things as they do creating these involved error messages things might work better ... just sayin'

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

kyle@ebay any chance you can find what is going with ebay search options that aren't working past several days, mentioned in this thread. My OP was that when search band/title and then go to left side nav and select "Vinyl Records" on every search I get the Error Message Page "We looked everywhere couldn't find..." - others have posted same happens in other category search options and @chapeau-noir reported it's happening now when search sold items. Sales are down a ton past week - week and half and I'm pretty certain the search errors have quite a bit to do with that! 

Hey @nuclearomen, I don't see any current alerts or known issues that would explain what you're experiencing.  If you are still running into this issue today, I'd definitely recommend contacting CS to get it reported.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 20 of 29
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

Hey @nuclearomen, I don't see any current alerts or known issues that would explain what you're experiencing.  If you are still running into this issue today, I'd definitely recommend contacting CS to get it reported.  

kyle@ebay it's not just me, if read thread, others are having issues with the Error Message page on search toggle different options. And I know some already did call and report it so there must be tickets in on it. 

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

New thread on the issue: Tech Board: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ebay-Search-Toggle-Options-Return-Error-M... 
Report your issue so the ebay clowns can fix the mess (hopefully) 

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

For me it only happens if I start the search from the Seller Hub Overview page.

If I start from other pages there's no problem.

I posted about it on that other new thread.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

@tx-shopping wrote:

For me it only happens if I start the search from the Seller Hub Overview page.

If I start from other pages there's no problem.

I posted about it on that other new thread.

@tx-shopping thanks for info, I'll give it a try and see what i get searching from other then seller hub.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

If anybody can, please check out my post here:

WE LOOKED EVERYWHERE LOOKS LIKE THIS PAGE IS MISSING

and see if you can replicate this other way I'm getting the "WE LOOKED EVERYWHERE. LOOKS LIKE THIS PAGE IS MISSING" message. This one includes the added bonus of all of eBay not working for up to 10 minutes before it starts working again.

Thanks!

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

@nuclearomen   I launched a PLS on the 5th ... today is the 8th and only ONE sale.  I bet if I changed my Ad rate from 6% to 12% sales would take off but that is what eBay is doing, suppressing listings until Sellers bite on their higher rates ... with around 1.7 BILLION listings they can play around with Sellers' listings by the Millions without hurting themselves ... it's sad really what they are doing.

Regards,
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

If I search and ebay "shows me lowest price" Ill go to Google do the same search and it'll show me cheaper ones on ebay.  Ebay seems to point me towards who they want me to buy from. 

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@selsa84 wrote:

If I search and ebay "shows me lowest price" Ill go to Google do the same search and it'll show me cheaper ones on ebay.  Ebay seems to point me towards who they want me to buy from. 

@selsa84   Yes, they have control of their own venue algorithms so they show you what they want.  When I do Sold search research I often have to change the search title several times to find what I am actually looking for ... 

Regards,
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

I tried the higher ad rate. Yes you get tons of impressions but that is meaningless. Sales are what matters. I have some rare items listed right now and when I got the same items a few months back they got multiple watchers within hours and sold within 3 days. Now they sit on ebay with hardly any views.  I know my market and it's sad ebay has gotten this bad. 

Message 29 of 29
latest reply