cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thoughts of shipping a large lot of china vs 5 piece settings

I have 60 pieces of Lenox china, 12 place setting of 5 pieces each.  What have y'all found that works best for you: selling the 60 pieces for 1 price or selling the 12 place settings separately?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: thoughts of shipping a large lot of china vs 5 piece settings

I find separating it is better & much easier as far as shipping goes.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Check sold listings on ebay.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

JMHO, but the thought of shipping an entire set of fine china fills me with dread.  Have you thought about the fact that listing an entire set means that, if just one piece arrives damaged, you will be sending the buyer a prepaid return label and refunding in full upon receipt of that return?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The cost of shipping as well as packaging, and the fees on shipping that china have got to overwhelm any profit margin.... and if a return is involved, you will be out significant money with absolutely nothing to show for it. Heavy stuff like this is best listed for local pick-up or other selling means, IMHO.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I usually sell as 4 place settings (25 pcs) x 3 orders .  That is manageable

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I once shipped 40 -50 pieces of Fenton Silvercrest dinnerware from plates to cups using pizza boxes (I worked at papa johns) for the various size plates individually with foam wrapping, and cups in other individual boxes and foam wrapping and all boxed in another large box, again with foam between the boxes.  The general rule I was taught here by glass sellers for shipping breakables, was 2” packing space between each item in the box and 2” between each item and the outside of the box, and double box when there are multiple breakables in one box.  It shipped from Fl to WA and I never got a feedback from the buyer, so I’ve had to assume nothing broke!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply