cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic Metrics All Negative, Item Specifics Correlation?

The recent categories changes, and new emphasis by eBay on item specifics have tanked all my traffic metrics into negative red numbers, and done so right at the height of the Christmas shopping season when eBay sellers should have been reaping the benefits of the supply chain problems. Those responsible should all be fired, if their performance is based on results. Have other sellers had similar results?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Traffic Metrics All Negative, Item Specifics Correlation?

Not yet, but I am EXPECTING it!!!  I started selling in the 1990's and did so for years then stopped due to lack of time, then started selling again a couple or so years ago but I closed my store then due to "recommendations" and "item specifics".  It was maddening and I just decided to sell again and have one listing in "Collectibles - Vases" and the item specifics don't make sense!!!  For a simple glass vase!  Had to call EBAY this a.m. and was told I need to list it in "Pottery & Glass"!!!!!  What the  -----????  Then why do they have collectibles-vases?  What a waste of my time!!!!  I am getting the depressing feeling again that things have gotten to far out their in their "recommendations" **bleep** and categories.  I will need to sell somethwere else.  I used to be able to list dozens of items a day and easily sold items.  Had 12 or more boxes a day to mail.  I feell like Ebay has turned into the "Twilight Zone"!!!!!  I agree with you!!  Fire them and start all over!!  GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Not yet, but I am EXPECTING it!!!  I started selling in the 1990's and did so for years then stopped due to lack of time, then started selling again a couple or so years ago but I closed my store then due to "recommendations" and "item specifics".  It was maddening and I just decided to sell again and have one listing in "Collectibles - Vases" and the item specifics don't make sense!!!  For a simple glass vase!  Had to call EBAY this a.m. and was told I need to list it in "Pottery & Glass"!!!!!  What the  -----????  Then why do they have collectibles-vases?  What a waste of my time!!!!  I am getting the depressing feeling again that things have gotten to far out their in their "recommendations" **bleep** and categories.  I will need to sell somethwere else.  I used to be able to list dozens of items a day and easily sold items.  Had 12 or more boxes a day to mail.  I feell like Ebay has turned into the "Twilight Zone"!!!!!  I agree with you!!  Fire them and start all over!!  GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It’s no better from a buyer’s point of view.  No matter how I search, I have to look at a gazillion items that aren’t anywhere close to what I’m actually looking for, AND worst of all not every item I want to look at even shows up.     I know because I’ve found things accidentally by looking through various sellers “other items for sale”.  It’s ridiculous! 🤬🤬🤬

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Dear eBay,

Knock, knock. It's us your previous buyers and sellers. I hope a bot is not reading these q&a areas. I can't find anything, anywhere,anymore. A knee high, high heel pair of fur boots will not suffice in the saddle working cattle. Just thought you might consider when you're giving me suggestions on cowboy boots for women. You're welcome 🤷🏼

Message 4 of 4
latest reply