cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Speckled Dinnerware Plates... Which company?

I am looking for help determining the maker of these plates. They do not have a makers mark. I thought Pebbleford by TS&T, but according to my book they didn't make this size, 9 1/4". There seem to be alot of speckled dinnerware lines in this "coupe" shape, many have a makers mark, though. Is there anyway to know who made these? The colors are pink, gray, yellow and green, with many brown specks. The backs have three stilt marks around the outer part, and two or three rings on the inner part. Thanks for any help!!

KerrieDSC_0119 (2).JPGDSC_0126 (2).JPGDSC_0127 (2).JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

could they be melmac?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

No, definitely pottery.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I think Laurel of California is the most likely culprit. I found one gray plate on worthpoint that said it is 9 3/4 inches, and it occurs to me that 9 3/4 inch plates may often just be rounded up to 10 in a description.
Janet
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for that new area to explore! I am leaning toward a California company myself. I wondered about the rounding up, It is possible the sizes are approximate. My plates are 9 and 1/4 inches, though, so would maybe be rounded up to 9 1/2 at most, or rounded down to 9 possibly?

Appreciate the help, I'll post if I find out the maker for sure.

Regards,

Kerrie

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I'm sorry; I looked for awhile and forgot they are 9 1/4 and not 3/4!
Janet
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Lol, no problem!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply