cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYMENT HOLDS SUCK! 23 YEARS ON EBAY

23 years on EBAY and all I sel are high end wheels for cars worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. So the wheels are anywhere from 3-20K. Been doing it since 1/1/2000. 23 years later, they put holds on my payments and say the amounts are "high value" Send the product and wait until delivered and then they will release the funds. So this person will literally be driving around on the wheels and I still wont have money. Oh I wonder if the funds are in an account along with millions of others dollars collecting  a nice interest rate while I struggle to get bills paid in this crap economy? Im within in a inch of getting with a good friend of mine, a high powered lawyer and going class action on this company. THEY ARE TERRIBLE at this point. F Ebay!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Isnt this what feedback is for? Hey this seller shipped a bad product I had to return or this seller was slow in shipping my "high value" item or this seller sucks!!!!!

"I have checked the details of this order and the reason why the funds are put on hold is the item is high value and therefore we need to allow for the maximum time for sales of this kind, as we do see potential for post sale claims, even in situations where delivery is confirmed or feedback has been received."

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Same here, 23 year ebay member with perfect EVERTHING like always 100% feedback .  Above standard rating. member 23 years ETC.  I overnighted my package and the buyer received it. Seller left me a message that he was very happy. I called Ebay and they still won't release my money.   Ebay doesn't CARE... I never had a hold put on my sales... LOL  they claim "high value" item.  

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Just had a buyer claim eBay charged him twice so they just put 2k of my funds on hold. Which is pretty ridiculous since they forced Managed Payments on us so now THEY would KNOW I didn't get two payouts for the items I sent him. He left me positive feedback and even thanked me personally. The transaction is 100% finished! I did my job and they know from their own records I didn't get an extra payout but they will still be holding my 2K for "2-8 WEEKS".  Now I won't be able to pay my rent or keep my electricity and cell phone on so I can even USE eBay.

Genius. 👍

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Infrequent sellers and sellers with high value items won't make money hand over fist. 

eBay has stated they don't  earn interest on payments on hold.

Better go back and read the user agreement you signed about sueing them. You agreed to all their policies (including the Payments Hold policy) when you joined eBay.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Follow up, I called and made a ruckus and they just released the hold saying I was "protected". Did the call do it? Or did they just realize their error? Who knows, but at least I will get my money now. *WHEW*

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Someone's got a problem with the eBay 1 percenters, I guess. 😋 When I originally joined in 1999, the fine print was about three sentences. Not the epic "War and Peace" novel length it probably is now...😉

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Payments aren't  released by reading the feedback.  

eBay was losing money because bad sellers were running away with the money after getting paid. They decided the time had come not to be left holding the bag on high value items.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

You know you hijacked the OPs thread, right?  You should start your own discussion.

Your funds weren't on hold because the buyer claimed two payments were taken.  It was on hold because it was a high value transaction. Those holds are  normally 14-30 days, but can be as long as 60 days if a payment was disputed.

Many buyers don't  understand when they are asked to pre pay the payment becomes pending, and  it's is removed when payment goes through and as a result they think they're  being charged twice.  

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I just had to take a peek to see what you sold lately and wow!  Something like that there will be a 30+ day hold from the day it was in the hands of the buyer. Quite normal.

23 years on eBay mean not much these days.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

That is what this is about. Sitting on millions making interest. I just sold a vintage minibike for $4000.00 they charged me like $480 for selling. My buyer paid 5 days ago and wants to pick it up and still no payout from ebay. I have 100 percent positive feedback on 1072 deals over 24 years. So what is the risk and what magically changes in 3 weeks time to finally pay the seller. Are they doing credit checks? NO, Just making millions on interest . I have 8 items sold this week all on hold for payouts. I will not ship until money is in bank so I will probably get my first negative feedbacks for taking so long to ship. Thanks ebay... Iam done with this crap!!! Let them go under.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

No, you'll be the one going under if you don't  ship within your handling time after eBay shows awaiting shipment.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Who can afford $20,000 wheels in a crap economy?

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

There will be NO money in the bank if you don't ship...

Why would you do that to those buyers?

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@cab17 

The scooter was listed in the wrong category. That is why the fees were so high. 
Allowing your buyer to pay with PayPal or a credit card means they CAN get a refund. This is above the 30 day eBay Money Back Guarantee. 

Your funds will not be released until the buyer has the item. When they come to get it, they will show you the QR code eBay gave them. 

In one of your listings you say it’s a relist because someone didn’t pay. Actual vehicle listings on eBay Motors are nonbinding for either party. There is no penalty for deciding to walk away. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply