cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments questions

I'm not officially enrolled into Managed Payments.   But I have several curious questions about it.

1)  What are the options to pay for the Ebay shipping labels?  Can you use your received balanced amount from the buyer?  Or can you use your Paypal account? Or can you your established bank account number to pay for the shipping labels?  What's your preferred method?

2) How long does it take when I receive payment from the buyer that the payment amount actually makes it to my bank account.  Does it take literally minutes or up to 24 hours to get to my bank?

3) I was thinking about closing my Paypal account when I'm in managed payments.  I know I will lose the option of using Paypal as a buying option.  But for account security purposes and to streamline my Ebay account, closing my Paypal account is something I'm seriously considering.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@primeusa wrote:

I'm not officially enrolled into Managed Payments.   But I have several curious questions about it.

1)  What are the options to pay for the Ebay shipping labels?  Can you use your received balanced amount from the buyer?  Or can you use your Paypal account? Or can you your established bank account number to pay for the shipping labels?  What's your preferred method?

When I first opted into MP, shipping labels were paid from Paypal.  Now the option has been added to pay from Payouts.  If you decide to use Paypal funds, then you have to make sure there are enough funds each time you print labels.  Much easier to just pay from Payouts.

2) How long does it take when I receive payment from the buyer that the payment amount actually makes it to my bank account.  Does it take literally minutes or up to 24 hours to get to my bank?

Since I switched to using my Bank of America checking account, it takes about 4 days from the day the buyer pays until the day it hits my checking account.

3) I was thinking about closing my Paypal account when I'm in managed payments.  I know I will lose the option of using Paypal as a buying option.  But for account security purposes and to streamline my Ebay account, closing my Paypal account is something I'm seriously considering.

You can still specify Paypal to pay for purchases.  Look at any of my listings and you will see that Paypal is still an option.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@primeusa wrote:

When I first opted into MP, shipping labels were paid from Paypal.  Now the option has been added to pay from Payouts.  If you decide to use Paypal funds, then you have to make sure there are enough funds each time you print labels.  Much easier to just pay from Payouts.

Since I switched to using my Bank of America checking account, it takes about 4 days from the day the buyer pays until the day it hits my checking account.

You can still specify Paypal to pay for purchases.  Look at any of my listings and you will see that Paypal is still an option.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@primeusa 

I was thinking about closing my Paypal account when I'm in managed payments.

Based on my experience, I would not close PP and I would keep some dollars in it.........for this reason:

If you get a payout that transfers most of your money.......but have to do shipping labels in excess of what money you have left in the account, your only option (that I know of) is to pay for the shipping from paypal.

I get money transferred once a wk.......on a Tues.....twice now they have transferred almost all out (not complaining).... I should have known to print/pay for shipping labels on the last Mon USPS holiday before the transfer...but I didn't think about it.  They transferred almost everything to bank account early Tues. morn, which left me with only Mon sales to cover shipping labels from the wkend sales.........and it wasn't enough, so had to dip into the paypal balance to pay.........

Message 3 of 3
latest reply