cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage payments issue.

I have an account with Netspend-only type of bank account I have.  Trying to link it for this "managed payments" **bleep**.  This card/account was ALREADY set up with eBay as a "back-up" to my PayPal.  I seem to be running into some issue because the name on my card/account has my middle initial and my eBay account does not-despite this card and account already having been on file and in use for 5+ years with eBay.

Called eBay CS and they tried to change the name on my eBay account to match the card, but they could not do so.  Rep said they would "put a ticket in" to escalate the situation, but I've heard that fairy tale before.

Anyone else been thru something similar or have any advice??

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Manage payments issue.

@beerman_1001 

Is Netspend a checking account?

if not, it probably won't work.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Netspend is not a checking account.  Netspend does not require a Social Security Number to open an account.  Selling on eBay requires a checking account with your Social Security Number.   EBay sales are considered income and reportable to the IRS by eBay and you.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Get a new checking account (not Net-spend) with the name spelled exactly the same as it is on ebay.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I think so. ❤️

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@beerman_1001 wrote:

I have an account with Netspend-only type of bank account I have.  Trying to link it for this "managed payments" ca ca.  This card/account was ALREADY set up with eBay as a "back-up" to my PayPal. 

The fact that it was set up as backup for PayPal means absolutely nothing when setting up an account for a Managed Payments payouts. 

Managed Payments requires a checking account.

I believe that Netspend is a fancy pre-paid debit card that you can "deposit" money into similar to a checking account.  

Register now
All sellers must register for eBay to manage their payments in 2021. If you’ve received a notification to register for eBay to manage your payments, you can register in a few simple steps:

• Verify your information.
  • Provide a checking account. You can use an existing account or add a new one.
  • Don’t miss a beat and keep selling!

"Netspend is not a checking or savings account, but a prepaid debit card that can be reloaded."

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/113015/does-netspend-accept-wire-transfers.asp

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

My netspend account is a fdic approved checking and savings account with routing and account numbers as any bank. It is better known as METABANK,,, which is listed in ebay's approved banks,, I am trying to work out this same problem with Ebay.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Curious. Did you ever get this figured out? Having the same issue. When I register the routing and checking account number, Ebay immediately recognizes it as MetaBank, but when I go to click "Add", I immediately get the message "Sorry. Something went wrong. Please try again later." I've been getting that same message for days. It' doesn't say it's not accepted or that it's wrong or that I need to do something else. It just gives me that very unhelpful message.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Click on this link, then scroll down to the bottom of the page to find your options for contact the Managed Payments team:

https://www.ebay.com/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I ended up getting some sort of on-line checking account.  WAS NOT able to set up my Netspend.

fyi. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply