cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a refund of Fraudulently collected Tax from Ebay?

Ebay recently charged me sales tax on an item, that is a non taxable good in my state. The item was listed in the correct category (any item in this category should not be taxable in my state, and as someone who spends in excess of $500,000 per annum in said category, I know this to be true). I contacted customer service, and they said that a refund of the illegally collected tax would be issued within 2 days. I am still waiting. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this refund rather than wasting more of my time with customer service?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: How to get a refund of Fraudulently collected Tax from Ebay?

California says there's no tax exemptions for online sales.

http://cdtfa.ca.gov/formspubs/pub109/#basic

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

See message 16

If you live in California tax for merchandise is not exempted for online purchases.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Are you kidding me?  ebay claiming they "don't know where you live"  Ebay has ALL of our information, including our shipping addresses, it's in our account information.  .  To all the TROLLS on here making excuses for ebays illegal tax snatching scam....SHAME ON YOU !

Example of ebay theft.  I was charged taxes on a golf dress even though we don't pay taxes on clothes ....EVEN ATHLETIC CLOTHES.  I double checked this with the MN Dept of revenue and was assured that ebay had no business charging me taxes on ANY clothing item no matter what category they're listed in.  

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

This thread is 18 months old and the OP's account shows no activity in some time. 

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Cancel your order if over charged by ebay on taxes,Recent I won a bid item and they charged me 12.8% tax. My state sales tax is 4.255 %. Canceled the oeder because guess who gets the difference certainly not the seller.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply