cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Seeking Guidance and Gratitude: Join Me in the eBay Community Adventure!"

Hey there, fellow eBay enthusiasts!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! I'm reaching out to this vibrant community because I'm diving headfirst into the world of eBay and could use some guidance, tips, and maybe even a little inspiration from all you seasoned sellers and buyers out there.

I'm eager to explore the potential of earning income through eBay, but I know that success on this platform isn't just about listing items and waiting for the magic to happen. It takes strategy, dedication, and a good dose of community support to thrive.

So, here's where I could use your expertise:

1.  What strategies have worked best for you in terms of listing, pricing, and promoting your items? Any insider tips you're willing to share would be greatly appreciated!

2.  Are there any pitfalls or common mistakes I should watch out for? Learning from the experiences of others can save a lot of headaches down the road.

3.  A big shoutout to those who are already lending a helping hand in this community! Your advice and support make all the difference for newcomers like myself, and I'm incredibly grateful for your contributions.

Feel free to drop your wisdom, anecdotes, or even just a friendly hello below. Let's make this eBay journey a collaborative and rewarding experience for everyone involved!

Thank you all in advance for your assistance and camaraderie. Here's to many successful eBay ventures ahead!

Warm regards,
sur3hera

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Whatever you do, do not buy stuff from China and drop ship it here.

Make sure your account is set up for payments and get approval with your government.

Many in Sri Lanka tried this last year and one after the other were closed down.

Please search these boards and read the issues other sellers in your country had.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Stay away from seeds, spices, coconut shell items and dropshipping junk from China.

Seems like everyone from Sri Lanka are trying to sell those.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You seem very enthusiastic.  I don't want to dampen that, but there's the fantasy of ebay, and there's the reality of ebay.  The former is perpetuated by corporate moguls who paint a rosy picture of the ebay 'family', and how wonderful everything is their little Shangri-La.  The latter plays out everyday on these boards, this is where the nuts and bolts of ebay are visible.  This is where you'll see all the wrinkles and warts that the ebay brass tries to hide or downplay to the rest of the world.   It's often not a pretty place.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

There are very few rules which apply across categories of merchandise.

But trying to extract two profits from items which are fully priced is a disaster in every categories, as is failing to meet delivery time expectations.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@sur3hera wrote:

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! I'm reaching out to this vibrant community because I'm diving headfirst into the world of eBay ....

I'm eager to explore the potential of earning income through eBay, but I know that success on this platform isn't just about listing items and waiting for the magic to happen.

What success may require 

From this moment onward make the ebay opportunity your primary focus,

a way of life for you into the future.

Good luck in the journey ahead

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@sur3hera wrote:

2.  Are there any pitfalls or common mistakes I should watch out for? Learning from the experiences of others can save a lot of headaches down the road.

When listing ignore any eBay advice, especially start prices. Don't use reserves, just start any auction at a price you are happy to accept as it may also turn out to be the final price.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@sur3hera wrote:

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! I'm reaching out to this vibrant community because I'm diving headfirst into the world of eBay and could use some guidance, tips, and maybe even a little inspiration from all you seasoned sellers and buyers out there.

I'm eager to explore the potential of earning income through eBay, but I know that success on this platform isn't just about listing items and waiting for the magic to happen. It takes strategy, dedication, and a good dose of community support to thrive.

So, here's where I could use your expertise:

1.  What strategies have worked best for you in terms of listing, pricing, and promoting your items? Any insider tips you're willing to share would be greatly appreciated!

3.  A big shoutout to those who are already lending a helping hand in this community! Your advice and support make all the difference for newcomers like myself, and I'm incredibly grateful for your contributions.

Feel free to drop your wisdom, anecdotes, or even just a friendly hello below. Let's make this eBay journey a collaborative and rewarding experience for everyone involved!

Thank you all in advance for your assistance and camaraderie. Here's to many successful eBay ventures ahead!

Warm regards,
sur3hera

Most all of your questions can be found by searching these boards.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply