cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Seller, Same Ol Buyer Blues...

Not sure if I can copy paste the exact msg I received (without or with buyer tag name) in this thread if so I'll add in the replies but I have a buyer threaten me with leaving a negative review if I a. Don't cancel their bid or b. Change the cost of shipping to $3.

Meanwhile the shipping is the calculated option as low as $6.83 and the item is buy it now or auction with both the lowest price listed on eBay for that exact item, lower by half sometimes a third the cost of other items. And the LOWEST shipping on eBay for the exact same item is $4.18 to upwards of $11+ its the sellers discretion and price how you want.

I reported the message to eBay then looked through eBay ToS and stuff like that and read that this type of manipulation and extortion by buyers is a big no no. Will eBay do anything with my report so that they don't pull this crap with another seller?

Also I sent the buyer a msg back simply giving them instructions on how to find 'retracting a bid' on the app and kid you not they are already up in my msgs saying eBay says to contact you. I read this part, it does say they can contact seller and that seller doesn't have to sell to punks period. 

So double sides to questions. 1st question is above...

if you report a buyer to eBay threatening to leave a negative review if you a. Don't cancel THEIR bid or b. Lower shipping to $3, what if anything will eBay do to help a new seller? 

AND

If I just block the buyer will it then cancel their bid without penalty to me as the seller since canceling their bid would disqualify me from being able to relist that item?

Thanks sellers!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This sort of blackmail often works, not only on newbies, but on highFB sellers who remember when FB was part of how eBay measured member accounts, which they haven't for decades.

We often see complaints from buyers that the FB they left had been removed, so eBay does do this, but when and why is a long story.

But eBay would remove the FB once shown the demand. And put a black mark of some sort on the buyer's account. No buyer has ever complained about what sort of mark that might be.

sent the buyer a msg back simply giving them instructions

I don't get that often, but I do have  Standard Response. "I regret you are unhappy with your purchase. I can cancel it if you prefer." which gives them the chance to confirm the cancellation. A CYA on my part.

You handled the problem buyer perfectly.

Now add them to your Blocked Buyer List/ no communication.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

yes, always "I can cancel it if you prefer" even when it is obvious.  And if they don't reply, ship it, then if they complain, tell ebay you offered (but you can't cancel on your own).  Often those types are just noncommittal, and once they get it they just keep it. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply