cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App keeps crashing when trying to create a shipping label

On my Pixel 6 Pro I now have an issue where when I try and create a shipping label for a sale, the app either restarts upon tapping the "print shipping label" option or I get the message that eBay keeps stopping and then prompts for exiting the app. I don't think this was happening before the current eBay app version and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: App keeps crashing when trying to create a shipping label

I had the same problem on my Note 20 ultra.  I updated the app and it fixed the issue.  I can print labels without the app crashing

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

App will allow me to get to the label page but cannot change the size of the package or the weight... If I do it'll crash.  Oh well.. Just lose $$ in the meantime

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

@unrealdeals123 wrote:

App will allow me to get to the label page but cannot change the size of the package or the weight... If I do it'll crash.  Oh well.. Just lose $$ in the meantime

Hi @unrealdeals123! The mobile team is aware and looking into this. Thank you for the follow-up.  

Velvet,
eBay
Message 18 of 29
latest reply

It works until I click on package info on the label purchase page, then it crashes.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

This still isn't fixed, and it's now been a week. Why is this not top priority for the app engineers? This is extremely frustrating. 

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Have been waiting PATIENTLY and STILL NO FIX.  Very poor priorities 😢

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

@koltron93 @ripevel2007 @numberonehitsong @jayzilladeals 

Thanks for the reports. Please update your app with the version from today and it should be working better.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

YES!!!!!!  It is NOW working at 100%.  

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Am I the only person still having this problem? (or a very close version - my app doesn't crash, it just won't do anything) I either have to use my husband's work computer (mine has been out of commission since before Christmas) or literally uninstall the app...even using seller's hub on Chrome or Opera it will neither let me print nor even download shipping or packing label if the app is installed.  It's keeping me from listing things that I would really like to.  I can't imagine being like a real seller and dealing with it. I wouldn't re-install the app but I find eBay usage almost impossible via any browser on Android - everything is either too small or too large for my 60 year old eyes. Ugh. 

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

This is the first sale I've made in a long time and I've tried over and over again clicking on it restarting my phone and the app keeps crashing. How long will it take you to fix it? My clien customer is waiting and I believe you should put more attention then it appears you have been. To me it appears you have been ignoring this problem or it seems to be going on for a long time. All you keep saying is it refresh your apps. That doesn't seem to solve the problem and the only problem seems to be you keep repeating it which shows you are not providing sincere customer problem solving.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

@bonafied.items 

The thread you are replying to is a year old.

Make sure you have the latest version of the eBay app for your operating system. Uninstall the eBay app, restart your device, then install the latest version from the Google Play Store. The restart in between should ensure a clean install.

If that does not help, try listing using a browser instead.

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

You could pretty much assume by the time someone posts a comment here they probably tried maybe three dozen times and maybe have uninstalled and installed the app several times by now. What we're really saying is that the eBay app is worthless when it comes to printing labels and who knows what else.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

You could pretty much assume by the time someone posts a comment here they probably tried maybe three dozen times and maybe have uninstalled and installed the app several times by now.

Did you restart in between uninstalling and reinstalling, too? If not, try that. It can make a big difference if the problem was with a previous install that did not finish cleanly.

Rather than assuming that users have already tried everything and there is nothing left to try, if I start by assuming users have not necessarily tried everything yet, and then offer some suggestions, quite often those suggestions actually lead to users... trying something new. I find that many things that are obvious to one person are not always so obvious to another. That happens often enough that I do not really mind risking offending the occasional poster by making an obvious suggestion.

If you really do not like getting suggestions for things you have already tried, you may want to consider including some indication of the things you have already tried in your original post.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

EB has trouble just coming out and telling you that the app is not compatible on your phone. You have to use a desktop. For some reason they just won't come out and tell you, but the service person on the phone will tell you that to try using the desktop instead. They just won't tell you it's not compatible on your phone. That is why they don't try to fix the phone app, because they don't want you using your phone.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply