cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW, I need help and don't know what to do???

I just sold an item and it turns out the buyer is from China, I can not find the address, my page just keeps telling me to print label , I do not use ebay shipping and I do not ship international..

I sent the buyer email and said I do not ship international.. I can not even read any of the chineese stuff on the order..

How do I cancel this order.. I am so upset over all the changes on ebay.. I can not even find my home page anymore.

Thanks for reading and please help..

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: WOW, I need help and don't know what to do???

Call Ebay and while you're talking to them find out why they let someone from China buy your merchandise when you don't sell internationally.

Carolynheart

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

First of all..take a DEEEEEP Breath. Cat Happy

I, also, do not ship internationally & I recently had  such a sale..contacted buyer, but since I was in my 'I don`t know what to do' frame of mind..I canceled the sale (before they paid) only to find out next day, buyer was out of the country..& has TWO addresses..one here & 1 in her native country.  She had inadvertently bought using her Canadian address  Everything ended on a good note. I decided then & there if it ever happened again..not to panic.

I have had buyers from another country contact me prior to bidding that they have a US shipping address/or a family member to ship to..so perhaps this will be your case also. 

Give your buyer time to reply before doing anything else..that`s my suggestion anyway. But if it will be easier on you..go ahead & call ebay

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

This is from the "help" page

Here's what we found for "buyer is in a country i don't ship to"

If your listing was purchased by an international buyer, first check to see if they're in a country where we automatically provide a global shipping option. If they're not in one of these countries, and you didn't specify your own international shipping option, then contact the buyer and explain that they didn't fulfill the terms of your listing. You then have 2 options moving forward:

• Buyer pays the extra shipping costs for their country.
    Find out how much it will cost to ship the item to the buyer and they pay you the additional cost.

• You cancel the transaction.
    You can cancel the transaction from your Sold items under My eBay, give the buyer a refund and receive a final value fee credit.

To block international buyers from bidding on future items, follow these steps:

1. Select the regions or countries you don't ship to.
  2. In the Buyer Requirements page, select Block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location I don't ship to.
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Sorry, I can't help with the cancellation. As for the rest, I don't understand what you mean by "I can't find my homepage" -- well, maybe I do. I just tried to log on and got some weird thing. The page I always use as my homepage is the Selling Manager Summary and today I had to scroll down the left-hand column to select it - another unnecessary step.Looks like eBay is piddling in things again.

As for your international shipping, have you checked "Exclude shipping locations from your listings" under Selling Preferences and added all international locations? Then you need to go under "Buyer Requirements" and block buyers from countries you don't ship to. It won't help you with this buyer, but will avoid the problem in the future. For this one, it's probably a case of live and learn unless you want to risk getting a defect.

Regarding the Chinese text, google "Chinese to English" and you should get a number of transliteration sites that you can copy and paste each line into in order to get the English reading.

flotsamlogo
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

As Vernon stated there are now 2 blocks you have to put up to block international bidding . See below ! It is hard to keep up with the ever changing policies .

I too have experienced buyers with 2 different addresses . It seems to be popping up quite a bit lately . I have had 4 experiences with buyers who have a second US address . It seems to be the new way for international buyers to override our US shipping only . Sometimes it's a family member's address and sometimes it is a facility that takes on the responsibility of shipping over seas .

Let me give a little warning here . Make sure your buyer knows their US address . I have had 2 experiences where the buyer was unsure of the address . You can usually tell something is amiss with the address . I was able to wait for one to get the correct info before I mailed the package . The second one you might remember ( I had a rant here on the board ) . I ended up mailing the package to an address that was not correct . The buyer was from the Russian Federation and was obviously unsure of her US address . The package came back to me . When I printed the label a second time ( with the correct address ) , I got a defect . I know some people don't care about defects , but it annoyed me .

This second US address is getting more and more common . Just wanted to give you a heads up incase this is what is happening to you . Save yourself the hassle . Make sure they have the correct address before you ship .
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Oh thank you all so much.. I have been running around my house stomping my feet, and just a mess with this all. I just had to revise all of my listings and a huge amount had GSP checked, I always uncheck that , however some helpful bot keeps checking them..

However as for my home page as mentioned below, I had to scroll almost to the bottom of the page to find my ebay seller page, that was always up front when I logged in.. I wish ebay would put their help to better use, like showing our items to the public 🙂

I am still waiting to here from the buyer in China.. I sent them email and said "Sorry I do not ship internatal" also went to ebay page and requested the order be cancaled for the same reason.. Have not received a reply from them either.. The buyer from China has 7 feedback? and it says based out of China?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Was GSP Checked in the listing with the China Buyer?
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Sorry you're having a stressful day, Rain, but I'm glad this topic was brought up.  Like a couple of the others, I don't ship internationally, either.  However, in the last month I've had 6 buyers from Russia and Asia contact me to lift my block on foreign PayPal accounts as the item was going to a U.S. address but being paid by a foreign PayPal account.  I did as they asked and so far all has gone well, but I'm wondering as this becomes a more frequent practice how issues such as receiving damaged items will play out.  Our responsibility stops at the U.S. address yet it's possible we might be held responsible if the item arrives in a foreign country damaged.  I'm wondering whether to put that block back in place after each transaction and let the buyer contact me to remove it or allow payments from buyers with confirmed foreign PayPal accounts with U.S. shipping addresses to purchase items?  Seems vintage costume jewelry is a hot commodity in foreign countries.  Good luck with your issue, Rain, and let us know how it turns out.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I've shipped to China any number of times without a problem. The country that's a pain is Italy; stuff takes FOREVER to get through, even shipped Priority.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Ev, that may be the problem.  I ship first class to Italy and have never had a problem but I have heard others say with Priority they do have problems.  Just a thought.

Carolynheart

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I am not sure, they sneek it in on me all the time.. I uncheck it and go back and it is there again.. However It is not giving me anything to ship it to other then China. I will not ship overseas. Even the listing in my regular email is in chinese (symbold) and it looks like it was listed in Hong Kong somewhere my listing is all messed up.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

My other problem is I bought a nice brooch for my grand-daughter and tried to give the seller 5 stars, and it would only let me give him 2, one of the stars was because I did not have any contact with the seller?

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Yes, Rain....they instituted that new 'rule' quite awhile back.

If the seller has NO contact with buyer (other than to send an invoice) seller automatically gets a 5 star rating.  Buyer is not able to click on that rating

Same thing if they ship to you for FREE..it`s an automatic 5 star for them

I think there is 1 other of the ratings that seller can receive an auto  5 star for, but can`t remember which it is..perhaps on shipping time

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I think to qualify for any automatic 5 Star Rating a Seller MUST Ship within 1 Day of Payment.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply