cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The family of Schreiner Jewelry Post

The family of Schreiner Jewelry are still alive and kicking.  Mom, Terry, is 89, and can't believe how my parents, and grandfathers creations have become so collectable.  My dad's , Ambros, famous ruffle pin retailed for $7.50 in the mid 1950ss.  It now often sells for over $750.00.  She is also very unhappy of crooked dealers claiming they have unsigned Schreiner, when it's not even close to anything we produced.  I have written a dealer in Cal. several times to remove things that are clearly not Schreiner.  She accused me of being another dealer trying to make her look bad... really!  Buyers beware of anything unsigned unless you have experience identifing Schreiner pieces, and don't believe them if they claimed it's verrified.  Sometimes I will post on a piece if it is clearly a Schreiner piece, and allow the seller to use my post.  Many books have poor information about my family's business.  One dealer claimed Sphinx is a hallmark of Schreiner, and listed some book from the 70ss, that stated it.  Schreiner Jewelry was only made in NYC, not in Europe, or any place else.  We did design for many of the best ready-to-wear, designers of the 30ss- 70ss, that was sold to them unsigned, but only made by us in NYC.  These pieces were sold with the garment.  Hope this helps new collectors, and best of luck to you!

SOME POSTS IN THIS THREAD HAVE BEEN EDITED.  ALL EDITES WILL BE IN CAPS AND IN RED. - SANDY, BOARD MODERATOR.

Message 1 of 1,015
latest reply
1,014 REPLIES 1,014

Re: The family of Schreiner Jewelry Post

Ok, thank you!  

Message 136 of 1,015
latest reply

I have the same pin as lgbaz.  Just thought I'd put up my pics to reference seeing as it's not one beekeeper_42 is familiar with.   Perhaps it's worth a second look. 

butt2.jpg
butt.jpg

Message 137 of 1,015
latest reply

Maybe it's just my old eyes ... but I see any number of differences in the construction of these two pins.

Differances.jpg

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 138 of 1,015
latest reply

I thought I would post here about the "fur clip" you asked about on the board. Most Schreiner creations made by my grandfather were quite simple in design, for two reasons; 1st the dress-houses did not want anything that would "outshine" their dress, or coat. Just something simple to give it a little jazz. 2nd Henry loved selling to the designers, instead of the stores. The designers would buy in gross, to attach to the garment, to be sold as a set. Even the poodle pin was quite simple in design, and easy to produce in a large quantity. I saw his little mouse pin, that he called Henry the mouse, listed a couple weeks back. He made that as a free gift to the buyers. Later it was sold to the store, but it was made as a free gift, first.
Message 139 of 1,015
latest reply

Any new topics you would like me to cover?
Message 140 of 1,015
latest reply

IMG_3526.JPGWould love to get an opinion on this double trembler   IMG_3529.JPGIMG_3531.JPG

Photobucket
Message 141 of 1,015
latest reply

I never saw this one before, but a lot was made before my time. Some thing even mom does not remember making. That said; we had both all of the stones, and settings. The back construction looks good also. Most of the time, but not always, the end of the wire "stem" are hammered, and cut on an angle.
Message 142 of 1,015
latest reply

Just got this and thought it might be D&E but construction suggests it might be a Schreiner   Thanks for checking

Crimped cups unfoiled stonesCrimped cups unfoiled stones

Support ringsSupport rings

Beads, not inverted stonesBeads, not inverted stones

5410919E-984C-4CE5-A742-DC1320AC4D08.jpeg

Photobucket
Message 143 of 1,015
latest reply

The stock bracelet base does not look like anything we ever used. I will check with mom, next time I see her, and see if she thinks differently.
Message 144 of 1,015
latest reply

Thanks so much to you and your mom. I wish there was a collective site for research, but all I have found are individual sites with limited photos.  I’m still looking though

i appreciate your looking.  

Photobucket
Message 145 of 1,015
latest reply

Mom said it is one of ours
Message 146 of 1,015
latest reply

That makes me super excited. I didn’t buy it thinking that, so surprised

Please tell your mom thank you❤️❤️

Photobucket
Message 147 of 1,015
latest reply

One of the best ways to ID our brooches is the pin, it's self. Our pins were made of steel. They are rarely plated, since we did our own plating and if they opened our workers would get stuck by them. So the pin was attached last in the production. We also always used a rolling style catch.
Message 148 of 1,015
latest reply

Me! 🙂 I have already saved it to my drive haha! Fascinating!
Message 149 of 1,015
latest reply

I want to say THANK YOU for sharing your incredible wealth of information about your family's artictic heritage. It is invvaluable to people who love authentic vintage jewelry. Absolutely fascinating. 

Message 150 of 1,015
latest reply