cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT: Rant and FYI

It appears that, on items with sales tax, they are collecting their fee on the full amount (including the tax) even though we aren't collecting that amount!! Though I shouldn't have expected any different Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: OT: Rant and FYI

Grrrrrrrr 😡 a repeat of the fees on shipping. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This also applies to the PayPal fees, forgot to mention that too!
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

PayPal is calculating their fees on the full amount of the transaction, including sales tax (if any). PayPal has always done this, although for many sellers, having sales tax included in the payment is new. Previously, only sellers who had a physical or economic nexus in a state had to collect sales tax and were affected by this.

eBay is not charging fees on the sales tax.image.png

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

There may be fees for processing and collecting, but they are charging final value fees based on the tax included and I understand that PayPal has always charged based on the amount collected, but I think it is petty to collect the fee on the sales tax that another company is collecting and that I am not. Before eBay started collecting it from your PayPal account vs them collecting it straight from the buyer, I didn't have to pay additional fees. That makes sense to me since I did not receive the money in my hand. If they want to charge me fees for the monies then they need to let me collect for and remit for my own state.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just checked on the 2 items I sold in the last week or so. Both were taxed, on neither did eBay calculate their fees with the tax included.

If this is happening to you, you should call about it, it is wrong!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I also just checked and they only took $4.50 from a $4.50 sale a few days ago. 

But...I found it odd that only that one sale showed. In the past I could view many more recent sales. I even tried to adjust the invoice date but it's only showing that one transaction...which is odd.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply