cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In loving memory of a beloved Father, Husband and Vietnam Veteran

I'm sharing the sad news that our cherished forum friend, Dana's (AKA southernmermaid8), Father, Tom, passed away on January 28, 2024.

Born on February 14, 1948, Tom devoted 22 years of his life to the United States Air Force, serving with honor and distinction. A Vietnam vet, his commitment to duty and sacrifice for the greater good were sources of immense pride for him and inspiration for those who knew him.

A true testament to the power of love, Tom and his beloved wife, Donna, met at the young age of 16. Their connection blossomed into a lifelong partnership, and at the age of 18, they exchanged vows that would bind them together for an incredible 57 years. 

As the only child of this remarkable couple, Dana is left with a legacy of love, resilience, and familial bonds that will endure beyond the confines of time.

Our deepest condolences go out to Dana and her family during this difficult time. In the midst of grief, may the memories of Tom bring comfort and solace, and may the love he shared continue to shine brightly in the hearts of all who knew him.

I will be doing the Coming Attractions thread until Dana's life becomes more settled.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

My most heartfelt condolences go out to Dana and her family. May they find peace through this difficult time, and joy in his memory. 

blank page.png

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

So sorry for Dana's and her family's loss. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Dana, there are no words, I know, that can take away your grief at this time. 

Just know that you have a circle of friends here..sharing in your grief.

May God hold you & your mother in His loving arms as you go through this trial. 

We love you & grieve with you. It sounds like your father was an awesome person to have walked this soil..until you meet again, may God bless & keep you 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

My deepest condolences  prayers to Dana and her family

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Very sorry to hear this sad news. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

My heartfelt sympathy and prayers are up for you and your family Dana. 

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I am truly sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers are being sent along to you Dana-

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

My condolences Dana. Sounds like your father was a fine man.

Larry

On the Chisholm Trail.
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

I’m so very sorry for your loss @southernmermaid8 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Deepest sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your father.  He sounds like he was a great man and an inspiration for you.  May your memories sustain you during this difficult period.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

My condolences. Loss is never easy but remember the good times.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Just saw this Dana, so sorry for your loss.

flipping_treasures_0-1706649203793.jpeg

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

I have just seen this thread now. 

Dana, my deepest, deepest condolences dear friend. It is so hard to lose a beloved parent, and I am thinking of you during this difficult and heartbreaking time. 

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Dream,  

Thank you very much for the beautiful eulogy.  It means so much.  Also thank you for taking over CA for a bit.  I’m not so sure my posts would be on time.  

All my beautiful Joolie friends,  

Thank you very much for your kind words,  love and support.  I could not ask for a better online community!  I consider you all true friends.  

I wanted to share a few glimpses into my father’s wonderful life. 

Love 

💙💙💙

Dana 

IMG_3392.jpegIMG_3391.jpeg

Mom & Dad had already briefly met,  both wanted to compete in couples roller skating but did not have a partner.  Someone suggested they skate together and that is how they got to know each other.  They are about 16 - 17 in these photos.  Awwww 

Message 15 of 26
latest reply