cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on possible makers on two items? Pic heavy!

Hi all, I have a couple items that I haven't been able to find makers on. Maybe they will just end up as unsigned beauties, but I thought I would ask here before listing to see if any of you have come across the same pieces or stones etc.

First is a sterling brooch with enamel, looks like it is from the 40's to me. Only marked sterling.

IMG_8371.JPGIMG_8376.JPGIMG_8378.JPG

The second is a set with pale pink, purple, and white striped stones. The bracelet opens and closes a bit with tension. The purple rhinestones are flat backs which I thought was a little strange.

IMG_8485.JPGIMG_8488.JPGIMG_8492.JPGIMG_8495.JPGIMG_8497.JPG

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Help on possible makers on two items? Pic heavy!

Could the brooch be Sandor perhaps? Sorry not much help but I had to say they are gorgeous!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Love the pink stones in the second set, but I'm afraid I don't recognize a maker.  Those textured swirl embellishments really add to the set.  I would guess the first pretty brooch is pre-WWII since they needed precious metals for the war effort.  

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I agree the second set is lovely.  Sorry I can’t help,  but if you find out who made it,  please come back and let us know.  💖

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks everyone for chiming in! I have been holding on to them for months at this point hoping to come across something. I did search through some Sandor pieces so thank you for that suggestion, but most of what I found used a lot of colored rhinestones, which mine doesn't have. While searching through those pieces on google images, there was a brooch with similar leaves that was attributed to Walter Lampl. So after searching through images of brooches made by him, I am thinking the brooch may have been made by them. Some of the flowers used the same shapes in the petals, and again more of the same leaves. The style of enamel also matches some of those pieces. But, of course, I can't verify it. 😞  

Thanks for at least sending me in the right direction though! The pink piece, still no clue!! I did find some of the stones on a Hattie Carnegie piece, but nothing that matched the style or metal pieces. My eyes are going buggy from looking through too many pics online! Unsigned beauties they shall remain, lol. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I know what you mean about your eyes going buggy.  👁👁

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Sorry I am late.

A while back I researched a similarly made bracelet. One of the results Google gave me was the Selro and Selini Designers. This page shows some examples.

Selro / Selini 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Wow! Thanks so much for those links OCN! I think I will put in the description that it is possible Selro. While looking through the pics however, I did find a bolo necklace that matches a couple I have that I hadn't gotten around to researching yet, so YAY! Got an extra one figured out for me!!  I remember the post a while ago about that bracelet, and I was following the thread but didn't think it got solved either. Maybe I missed some comments on it.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply